Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    Due to a few that have had trouble I am posting a link to the exact SD updater I use to convert our inhouse Cingular branded Treo's into ENA versions with the 7.1MB ROM partition. This will update all tokens and firmware. From here you can modify using the ROM Tool to your hearts content.

Link:
    CNG_to_ENA.zip

This is for "unbranding" not "unlocking". Unbranding allows you to use the generic version of a Treo ROM. For instance you have a Cingular Treo and you want to run the latest 1.20 ENA version.

There are a couple of options to do this.

The first is to modify the Tokens that cause the updaters not to work. These tokens are revn(ex. 1.20) and crnm(ex. ENA). The RomTool allows you to change these tokens. Once changed to match you can then run the desired updater. Example: You have 1.17-CNG, you want 1.20-ENA. If you change the token values from 1.17 to 1.20 and CNG to ENA, you can then run the 1.20 updater. This is the way I recommend.

Another option is to run a custom ROM already put together for the version you want. These do not check versions.

Last option is to run one of Palm's updaters that doesn't check, 1.23 version (I believe).

Sorry, link itīs dead....anyone has other link, please?
  2.    #222  
    Quote Originally Posted by arquillos View Post
    Sorry, link itīs dead....anyone has other link, please?
    Link is updated
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Link is updated
    Thank you very much!!!!!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I have been receiving a large number PM's asking for SD Roms. Rapidshare ran out of room and deleted the others. I have uploaded 2 different ROMS. As always use at your own risk. I have tested both of these. Both have 7.1MB partitions. Both are English only. The CNGtoENA is a full 1.20ENA ROM just other languages removed. The custENA is the same basic with apps stripped VM, RP etc. They both have Notepad and Voice memo, remove them if you like. They also have the fixed SMS for the smileys. I left in the mmsend files for those who don't have an email client to keep the sendto function. They both have fat32. The custENA also has the sdhc slotdriver.

THESE ARE GSM ROMS ONLY!!

Links:
    Full English only
    http://www.filesend.net/download.php...b8ef5cfc408320

Stripped English only
    http://www.filesend.net/download.php...00216e61abc0ef
    Links dead, no files
  5.    #225  
    I have been receiving a large number PM's asking for SD Roms. Rapidshare ran out of room and deleted the others. I have uploaded 2 different ROMS. As always use at your own risk. I have tested both of these. Both have 7.1MB partitions. Both are English only. The CNGtoENA is a full 1.20ENA ROM just other languages removed. The custENA is the same basic with apps stripped VM, RP etc. They both have Notepad and Voice memo, remove them if you like. They also have the fixed SMS for the smileys. I left in the mmsend files for those who don't have an email client to keep the sendto function. They both have fat32. The custENA also has the sdhc slotdriver.

Links:
    Full English only
    http://www.4shared.com/file/17163992...NG_to_ENA.html

Stripped English only
    http://www.4shared.com/file/21312082.../Cust_ENA.html
    Updated Links
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Just a quick question..

How does one install the custom ROM from an SD card? i see how to make the custom ROMs, but not how to use an SD card to install it. Call me blind, dumb, or whatever, but can someone point me in the right direction?

Thank you.

Ne'er mind, got it. Thanks all.
    Last edited by Deceptitech; 08/11/2007 at 06:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deceptitech View Post
    Just a quick question..

How does one install the custom ROM from an SD card? i see how to make the custom ROMs, but not how to use an SD card to install it. Call me blind, dumb, or whatever, but can someone point me in the right direction?

Thank you.

Ne'er mind, got it. Thanks all.
    You can start with this page: http://mytreo.net/treofaq/Treo or make a find in this forum
    Was wondering if anyone has used mms 2.0 on verizon phones? Any luck with it working?
    from a fresh format of these custom roms. I've installed IBM JVM. Then I go to prefs and IBM Java prefs.. the 650 instantly resets. Please help. Other than that.. it works fine as far as I've seen. I need to set these prefs so they are compatible with my Opera instal. OR does anyone have a ROM file with Opera 3.1xxx ?? all good to go with JVM good to go? Thank you!
    They both have fat32. The custENA also has the sdhc slotdriver.

Links:
    Full English only

Stripped English only
    http://www.4shared.com/file/21312082.../Cust_ENA.html
    James,
    Thank you for these they really got my feet wet and I'm jazzed to say I'm learning more about custom roms due to your help. I've tried both of these roms. As an end result I want to be using JVM and a SDHC card. I like to see starting with the Stripped vers. however, when I use this version the JVM prefs page forces the 650 to reset every time. Any ideas what you think may be causing this? I'm thinking the JVM is essential and would probably include that in ROM with prefs tweaked for miniOpera if I could see a version of this I'd be all over it. Obviously the stripped version works with my SDHC card whereas the CNG_to_ENA does not. However the CNG_to_ENA works fine with JVM. So you can see I'm trapped in the middle of these two files for now.
    ps.
    I see fat32.prc everywhere but what is the driver called for the SDhc slot? Thanks!
    I'm gettin smarter by the minute. here's a link to the SDHC goodies... http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php?topic=44374.0;wap2

JVM files are .prc's so 'installer' vs. 'launchable app' is there a way to make those 'rom ready'? thanks
    I am wondering where I can either get a custom ROM for Sprint. I have a friend with a Sprint 650, and he likes the stripped rom from my old unlocked 650, and my 680.

Could someone point me in the right direction for this?

Thank you
    Handhelds
    Zire 31-> Zire 72s-> T|X

Phones:
    Nokia 5160-> Nokia 3100-> Nokia 3220-> Treo 650 Unlocked(modded ROM)-> Treo 680 Unlocked(modded ROM #8 within 15 minutes of receiving the box)-> Treo Pro(hacked as well)
    Quote Originally Posted by dezigntek View Post
    I'm gettin smarter by the minute. here's a link to the SDHC goodies... http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php?topic=44374.0;wap2

JVM files are .prc's so 'installer' vs. 'launchable app' is there a way to make those 'rom ready'? thanks
    I'm stuck with the rebooting prefs page too. Has anyone solved this problem?

Opera 4 Final runs GREAT by the way. But I would like to set JVM prefs anyways.
    Files to remove VersaMail (Assuming lang. strip)
    AirSAM_enUS.oprc
    AirSAMprv.bprc
    AirSAMprv_enUS.oprc
    BGService.bprc
    BGService_enUS.oprc
    MMConduit.bprc
    MMConduit_enUS.oprc
    MMConfigFPI.bprc
    MMConfigFPI_enUS.oprc
    MMHtmlPlugin.bprc
    MMHtmlPlugin_enUS.oprc
    MMMailTo.bprc
    MMMailTo_enUS.oprc
    MMNotify.bprc
    MMNotify_enUS.oprc
    MMPhotos.bprc
    MMPhotos_enUS.oprc
    MMPluginMGR.bprc
    MMPluginMGR_enUS.oprc
    MMPRCPlugin.bprc
    MMPRCPlugin_enUS.oprc
    MMSDCard.bprc
    MMSDCard_enUS.oprc
    MMSmartAdd.bprc
    MMSmartAdd_enUS.oprc
    MMTextPlugin.bprc
    MMTextPlugin_enUS.oprc
    MMUnzipPlugin.bprc
    MMUnzipPlugin_enUS.oprc
    MMVCal.bprc
    MMVCal_enUS.oprc
    MMVCardPlugin.bprc
    MMVCardPlugin_enUS.oprc
    MMWave.bprc
    MMWave_enUS.oprc
    MMWizard.bprc
    MMWizard_enUS.oprc
    MMWordPlugin.bprc
    MMWordPlugin_enUS.oprc
    MultiMail.bprc
    MultiMail_enUS.oprc
    SAMgr.bprc
    SAMgr_enUS.oprc
    __MMServers_CROW.cpdb
    AirSAM.bprc

Remove RealPlayer (Assuming Lang. strip)
    RealRMFF.prc
    RealDRM.prc
    RealLib.prc
    RealMP3Codec.prc
    RealMP3FF.prc
    RealPlay.bprc
    RealPlay_enUS.oprc
    RealRMCodec.prc

Remove Tutorial (Assuming lang strip)
    TutorialApp_Device_CROW_enUS.lprc
    TutorialRsc_Tips.prc*
    TutorialRsc_Tips_CROW.cprc*
    TutorialRsc_Tips_CROW_enUS.lprc*
    TutorialApp_Device.prc
    TutorialApp_Device_CROW.cprc
    *may have been stripped already

Remove Welcome (Assuming lang strip) **May affect CC-Cap issue verify 255
    SetupApp_CROW.cprc
    SetupApp_enUS.oprc
    SetupApp.bprc
    Thank you Jamesgangut, Iīll stripped all of this from my 650 and everything still working fine (cross fingers )

Now I have some questions (I have a Cingular 650 "converted" to 1.20 ENA with SD method)

1.- Files to trigger Lang. Selection --- What is this for?
    2.- What is the Blueetooth update for?

Thank you in advance
    Due to a few that have had trouble I am posting a link to the exact SD updater I use to convert our inhouse Cingular branded Treo's into ENA versions with the 7.1MB ROM partition. This will update all tokens and firmware. From here you can modify using the ROM Tool to your hearts content.

Link:

This is for "unbranding" not "unlocking". Unbranding allows you to use the generic version of a Treo ROM. For instance you have a Cingular Treo and you want to run the latest 1.20 ENA version.

There are a couple of options to do this.

The first is to modify the Tokens that cause the updaters not to work. These tokens are revn(ex. 1.20) and crnm(ex. ENA). The RomTool allows you to change these tokens. Once changed to match you can then run the desired updater. Example: You have 1.17-CNG, you want 1.20-ENA. If you change the token values from 1.17 to 1.20 and CNG to ENA, you can then run the 1.20 updater. This is the way I recommend.

Another option is to run a custom ROM already put together for the version you want. These do not check versions.

Last option is to run one of Palm's updaters that doesn't check, 1.23 version (I believe).
    One question....This update is for English languages. If I create a backup rom with RomTool (ace-palmos.zip and ace-palmos.zip.md5) and replace the 2 files inside the CNG_to_ENA.zip (asuming my Rom fits in a 7.1Mb partition)...Will it chage my 8,4Mb ENA rom to 7.1 keepeing my rom contents (spanish language and my apps)...???
    please, I need some help... I have a question that may look stupid but how can I check I have the 7.1 partition (unlocked gsm treo 650 1.20/1.71). I am using cust_ena and all the process run smoothly but, i can read 8g card etc but when I use software like palminternals, rom size seems much bigger. I have been reading a lot and even found measures of filez and meminfo but it is not obvious to me if I have the 7.1 partition up and running. I am using the old method shadowmite romtool + sd instalation since I do not have admin rights in my pc to install grack tool.

Another question: I get from time to time problems with calls (I hear clearly but people sometimes does not here me so well). May be it is the ghost jack, I am using volumecare but I would like to know if anybody recommends trying older firmware than 1.71

My last question is: how can I go to a 4,8 meg rom? I checked the listfile but the rom from jameshangout has all the files deleted and a few ones added and is 5,8 ! please any clues on the files to delete? I am using snappermail.

thanks in advance
    Updated Links
    Are these available with all languages or better yet just the normal non-stripped ROM with all the junk and fat32 (to read the 8GB and 16GB cards) included?
    The Blackman
    I have stripped out everything for other languages and VersaMail--everything is working great.
    I use Beyond Contacts for calendar, tasks and such. Can anyone tell me what files to delete to strip out the built in contacts, memos, calendar,tasks?
    Can this be done?
    Unlocked, unbranded GSM
    Firmware: 01.92
    Software: Treo680-1.12-ROW
    Hardware: A
    Hello, i wonder if you could help me with this:

i did the custom rom update - as mentioned on http://www.4shared.com/file/21312082.../Cust_ENA.html

everything works fine, but everytime i try to turn my phone on, it does not connect to any network. It shows only the phone startup screen and reboots after a few minutes

i am really frutstrated, otherwise all seems to be working
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Hey folks, i am a complete newbie to these stuff. I need help.. I was trying to change the partition size via an SD Updater and I encountered and error, if my memory serves me right, it has something to do with the size of the rom. It got stuck there, i've waited for more than 10 minutes but nothing happens so i rebooted my unit, unfortunately, after i did a reset, the darn thing just keep on flashing. I tried to re-upload the rom that i backed up using ROMTool but it says that the rom i was trying to load is too big. Please help me, i've read some input here and other sites but there is no specific answer to my problem. By the way, I have a Treo 650 unlocked and unbranded and it was updated to the latest version. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!