Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    I would guess it is looking for something, possibly a language file. I have not used that software.
    First I thought that might be it too but I went back to the regular non-custom Palm rom (factory) and still had resets. At least I know its not your custom rom, which incidentally rocks! Since we all know each Treo is unique it must just be something between the software and my Treo. Too bad. Let me know if you can think of anything that might solve it or help. Thanks!!
    The Blackman
    I assume you have the latest version of SlovoEd?
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    I assume you have the latest version of SlovoEd?
    Well I have tried it with the latest trial version and still the resets. I have a registered older version and at the moment don't want to pay to upgrade if I am still going to get the resets.
    The Blackman
    Just checking. Btw, All of my updates have been free.
    Just checking. Btw, All of my updates have been free.
    I didn't even think to check if I could get free updates. Not sure where to check but I will see what I can find. Thanks!
    The Blackman
    No prob. I don't remember exactly how myself, but when both the 650 and 700p came out I needed to update. It seems like I had to find the original email and give some codes from it to get the update.

The website should have some info.
    No prob. I don't remember exactly how myself, but when both the 650 and 700p came out I needed to update. It seems like I had to find the original email and give some codes from it to get the update.

The website should have some info.
    Cool thanks again. Lets just hope I can find it in this mess.
    The Blackman
    I know the site is horrible. Thats why I don't remember and am not super anxious to go looking.
    Thanks!
    The Blackman
    You're welcome. Good luck with your other problem.
    Had a thought...

I remember having trouble after updating the SlovoEd, because I didn't realize that the dictionaries also needed to be updated in order to work with the new version of the software.

You mentioned running a new trial version, maybe thats been your problem.

Worth a shot.
    Ok,

So, after a lot of reading here and elsewhere, I finally took the plunge and created a custom ROM for my T650. First I backed up the standard ROM (Sprint 1.12) and modified from there. I started simple and just removed a lot of stuff that I don't use. That was a couple of weeks ago. Once I had some confidence that the phone was still stable I started adding a few small important apps (FileZ, Fat32, Custom Phone and Sound Overlays, etc). I was truly amazed at how simple and easy the process really is!

After a few iterations I now have a ROM that I am quite pleased with and seems quite stable. The last modification I made was to remove the default launcher and replace it with Launcher X 1.1.1 (I find it really annoying to have anything on the phone that I NEVER use).

So here are the questions:
    First, I understand that the file psysLaunch.pdb is only used by the default launcher. Is this true? If it is, then I should be able to remove it from NVRAM and free up nearly 200k. Is there a list anywhere of the standard files in NVRAM created by the system and how they are associated with the default ROM applications?

Second, I tried putting PowerUp in ROM. I only use it to turn the phone on after a reset. It did that just fine. But it seems to have had an odd side effect: The preference app disappeared. It was in the ROM directory on my PC , but it was missing from the ROM on the phone. Has anyone else seen this kind of behavior? For reference I am using the ROM tool (not the SD Card Method) to upload the ROMs.

Thanks in advance for any insights
    David Wright
    Palm Pro -> Samsung SPH-i300 -> Sprint Treo 650 -> Sprint Treo Pro
    Does anyone know if this has been done on the 700wx (Sprint or Verizon)? I cant find anything that will describe (with the simplicity and exact details) as well as this post does, a way to download and reduce my ROM as well as add Fat32.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance!

=)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    I have been receiving a large number PM's asking for SD Roms. Rapidshare ran out of room and deleted the others. I have uploaded 2 different ROMS. As always use at your own risk. I have tested both of these. Both have 7.1MB partitions. Both are English only. The CNGtoENA is a full 1.20ENA ROM just other languages removed. The custENA is the same basic with apps stripped VM, RP etc. They both have Notepad and Voice memo, remove them if you like. They also have the fixed SMS for the smileys. I left in the mmsend files for those who don't have an email client to keep the sendto function. They both have fat32. The custENA also has the sdhc slotdriver.

THESE ARE GSM ROMS ONLY!!

Links:
    Full English only
    http://www.filesend.net/download.php...b8ef5cfc408320

Stripped English only
    http://www.filesend.net/download.php...00216e61abc0ef

Does anyone still have these files available? The links are down and I'm having a hard time finding them elsewhere.
    Hi Guys

Anyone got a romtool for the Treo 680
    Getting mine next week ???

mw22
    Quote Originally Posted by mw22 View Post
    Hi Guys

Anyone got a romtool for the Treo 680
    Getting mine next week ???

mw22
    They just released the firware update yesterday. It's gonna take the guys a few days to be able to get a ROM Tool, IF they even can...
    Do you think they get it out asap

I am going to move from a 650 to a 680 and there are quite a few things I wish to out in my rom direct

Thats why i am so keen to find out if there will be a romtool shortly

Do you think i could use the old romtool from the 650 usb tool????
    No...you definitely cannot use the 650's ROM Tool on the 680.

The timing all depends on how easy it is for them to figure it out with this firmware update. They're just as anxious, if not more so, than you are to get rid of the junk in ROM. Remember, we've all had our 680s for awhile now...you haven't even gotten yours, yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by visio View Post
    Does anyone still have these files available? The links are down and I'm having a hard time finding them elsewhere.

Same here. anyone got a copy please?
    Thanks