Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast
    Hey jamesgangut and thanks for your reply, i've been very hesitant about all of this but decided to scrap the 1.20 ena update to custom ROM, backed up my original ROM, deleted the files not necessary and uploaded with the ROM tool.

Oddly when go to info it says i have 22.9M of 23.5 free. all the apps seem to be working fine... phone too. says firmware 01.71 software tre650-1.20-ENA (but i had changed that in the ROM tool
    I just tried synchronizing to no avail.

I'm reverting to the original until i find the solutions.. all i really want is the phone in it's unbranded state and to start coding apps for it

edit: if you still have that cng_to_ena rom, i'd love to get my hands on it, by email if u don't mind at orangeworx [ at ] gmail . com, or whatever other method....
    thanks in advance
    Last edited by orangeworx; 02/26/2007 at 01:12 AM. Reason: request
    As far as Blazer is concerned, I had voted to remove it, using operamini
    Just not satisfied with the revert I'm going to give the Custom ROM another try, make sure i didn't forget or mistakingly deleted a file.
    I was looking at the filelist just now and i noticed the boot.conf file... If i deleted the files physically, shouldn't i also remove them from the .conf file or does the ROM tool take care of that for me. Also there's another thing I'm interested to know how to find the workaround for... with my custom ROM i can get it as close to an unbranded phone for 1 exception... the phone on / off images that say connecting and disconnecting. which file would the images be in, i guess i could change it with PFCD
    I'm looking to take my 1.17 CNG ROM to a smaller partition size and plan to remove some unused files. I prefer to do everything via the bootloader method which I think means I need a ROM already repartitioned by someone.

I think the ENA_to_CNG file that was posted a while back already did this - can anyone provide this?

Thanks!!
  5.    #185  
    Quote Originally Posted by djsegler View Post
    I'm looking to take my 1.17 CNG ROM to a smaller partition size and plan to remove some unused files. I prefer to do everything via the bootloader method which I think means I need a ROM already repartitioned by someone.

I think the ENA_to_CNG file that was posted a while back already did this - can anyone provide this?

Thanks!!
    CNG ROM's are already the smallest option. ENA to CNG is just a lang stripped ROM to allow you to keep the smaller CNG partition while running ENA software and firmware and change the tokens accordingly.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

So - to confirm what you're saying, the default partition in my 1.17 CNG rom is already partitioned to the 7.x MB size?

I plan on uploading this rom from the phone, delete some of the unused files, backfill with others with the hope of having more mem available. ven though I have about 5 meg available and UDMH enabled, I still get crashes when I launch blazer.

I also have a mame emulator that requires about 7 meg free... I'm hoping I can free up another 2-3 meg with the rom tweaks.

Are my intentions reasonable?
  7.    #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by djsegler View Post
    So - to confirm what you're saying, the default partition in my 1.17 CNG rom is already partitioned to the 7.x MB size?

I plan on uploading this rom from the phone, delete some of the unused files, backfill with others with the hope of having more mem available. ven though I have about 5 meg available and UDMH enabled, I still get crashes when I launch blazer.

I also have a mame emulator that requires about 7 meg free... I'm hoping I can free up another 2-3 meg with the rom tweaks.

Are my intentions reasonable?
    Yes on the partition size. Possibly but the apps have toxbe able to run in ROM. Blazer issue is dbcache which having a smaller ROM image (remove apps but don't add any) will give you more dbcache. I would then look to move some apps to SD if possible for your mame issues
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Thanks -

I'll experiment and see how things end up.

Anyone ever figure out a way to run goodlink from SD?

I use MSMOUNT for all the applications I can that don't natively run from the SD card. Unfortunately, Goodlink eats up all of the rest and puts me in the position I'm presently in ... not enough RAM left!

I sure wish the guys at Good would provide an update for this!!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I'm confused. I upgraded my ROM from Cingular 1.17 to ENA 1.20 using the SD card method as per James instructions. Then I used the ROM tool to delete VersaMail, Tutorials, etc. and uploaded the stripped ENA 1.20. Somehow Versamail and Quick tour are still on the Treo 650! and not only that, I can no longer run Tom Tom Navigator 6. The error message states "Not enough Database Memory to run this application." Anyone have any idea how this can be?

Douglas Baumwall
  10.    #190  
    Give me the steps you used to remove the apps.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I downloaded the ROM, deleted the apps listed in shadowmite's list, then uploaded the ROM.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Hello everybody!

just a simple question, if i download the rom from the treo 650

open the folder on the command prompt and:

del *deDE.*
    del *esES.*
    del *frFR.*
    del *itIT.*

and upload it to the palm would it work?
    what would happen to the language selector?
    would it change the CC-Cap? (i still havent undertand what the CC-Cap is..)

thanks a lot this is a great forum!
  13.    #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by mauroneto View Post
    Hello everybody!

just a simple question, if i download the rom from the treo 650

open the folder on the command prompt and:

del *deDE.*
    del *esES.*
    del *frFR.*
    del *itIT.*

and upload it to the palm would it work?
    what would happen to the language selector?
    would it change the CC-Cap? (i still havent undertand what the CC-Cap is..)

thanks a lot this is a great forum!
    Should work, The lang selector doesn't really matter anymore. There are newer versions of the files load those in RAM. Just make sure amrdeclib is loaded in RAM or ROM. CC-Cap will be blank but worry about it, it is just a token set to expand the carrier files and amrdeclib on a hard reset. Adding the newer carrier files and amrdeclib negate it.

Quote Originally Posted by mauroneto View Post
    del *deDE.*
    del *esES.*
    del *frFR.*
    del *itIT.*
    I did almost the same (I've kept the italian language) but I have deleted DefConnectionDB_jpJP.pdb too (Japanese language???? )
    Ciao,
    Giangi
  15.    #195  
    I have been receiving a large number PM's asking for SD Roms. Rapidshare ran out of room and deleted the others. I have uploaded 2 different ROMS. As always use at your own risk. I have tested both of these. Both have 7.1MB partitions. Both are English only. The CNGtoENA is a full 1.20ENA ROM just other languages removed. The custENA is the same basic with apps stripped VM, RP etc. They both have Notepad and Voice memo, remove them if you like. They also have the fixed SMS for the smileys. I left in the mmsend files for those who don't have an email client to keep the sendto function. They both have fat32. The custENA also has the sdhc slotdriver.

THESE ARE GSM ROMS ONLY!!

Links:
    Full English only
    http://www.4shared.com/file/17163992...NG_to_ENA.html

Stripped English only
    http://www.4shared.com/file/21312082.../Cust_ENA.html
    Last edited by jamesgangut; 08/03/2007 at 08:47 PM.

Hi, jamesgangut,

Sorry to be a pain but your two .zip files with the GSM ROMs appear to be gone again, I get a "404 Not Found" page for both of your links. Can you re-post them?

Thanks in advance

-mattyt
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyt View Post
    Hi, jamesgangut,

Sorry to be a pain but your two .zip files with the GSM ROMs appear to be gone again, I get a "404 Not Found" page for both of your links. Can you re-post them?

Thanks in advance

-mattyt

Just tried the links. working now fine
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxer View Post
    Just tried the links. working now fine
    Thanks loads, y'all...

-mattyt
    Hi all I am using the stripped down version of this rom and I am wondering if anyone else that is using the same is also using any of the Slovoed dictionaries? I am using both and everytime I use Slovoed I get resets after using the program for just a few seconds. I am specifically using the Spanish English dictionary. Any ideas of how to over come this or if its possible or even why its happening? I have a theory that this is happening because the the languages being stripped. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The Blackman
    Last edited by Blackman; 04/12/2007 at 05:48 PM. Reason: New sig hadn't kicked in yet.
  20.    #200  
    I would guess it is looking for something, possibly a language file. I have not used that software.