1.    #1  
    Is there a way of setting the auto off to return to previous application once power comes back on, instead of to the home screen? Also can I switch easily between applications like task manager in windows?

Thanks!
    Welcome to TC!

Quote Originally Posted by lukemont
    Is there a way of setting the auto off to return to previous application once power comes back on, instead of to the home screen?

Thanks!
    Red Phone button (it's in the manual)

Also can I switch easily between applications like task manager in windows?
    Palm OS doesn't multi-task like Windows. Use the Home button back to apps launcher to go to another app or there are 3rd party products that can switch apps with certain button combos.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Is there a way of setting the auto off to return to previous application once power comes back on, instead of to the home screen? Also can I switch easily between applications like task manager in windows?

Thanks!
    If I understand you correctly, the Treo already does that.

Say you are in your calender and your Treo turns off after "x" amount of minutes and you hit the power button to turn it back on, you will go back to the calender. This is the same if you are in any other app.

When the Treo is off and you hit the phone button to turn it on, you will go to the phone app (or if you have a third party phone app like TakePhone) you will enter that.

By default, the only buttons that can turn on the device are the phone button, the calender button, the messaging button and the end button. The first three buttons will default to the application that you have assigned to them if the Treo is off and the end/power button will turn back on the Treo and go back to whatever you were in last (messaging, calender, web browser and so on).

As far as switching applications, there really isn't an easy way to switch apps unless you have a third party application that is mapped to your volume button to scroll through programs (someone help me out with the name of that program). Other than that, you have one program truly running at a time. You can however open say, notepad, start typing and realize that you need to go into your Call Log and get a phone number. You can hit your phone button without having to exit or clicking "Done" in your memo and go into your call log, copy the phone number and go back in Memo Pad and it will take you back to your currently opened note...

Hope this helps!

Bryan