Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...0&prodid=92528

how does this compare to the chatter OWA?
    Sprint 700p
    If there's a trial, I'd suggest you evaluate it for yourself.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by JayL
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...0&prodid=92528

how does this compare to the chatter OWA?
    I just tried NexMail...very basic and not as robust as Chatter.

There may be a good match using Chatter OWA and NexChange Corp Lite. I am going to give this a shot over the next week or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by GolfBallMan
    I just tried NexMail...very basic and not as robust as Chatter.

There may be a good match using Chatter OWA and NexChange Corp Lite. I am going to give this a shot over the next week or two.
    That is what I am doing. Chattermail provides push and has tons of features and Nexchange corp lite lets me sync my calendar, tasks, contacts and notes. Its not goodlink, but the price is definitely right
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    stroths,

are you saying that you are getting decent results (i.e, you aren't getting brain damage from technical issues) using Nexchange corp lite?

Watching them pop up over the horizon on Treocentral, be full of promise for a while, then totally disappear made me concerned. To see their software now appear at firesale prices makes me even more concerned. I'm willing to give it a shot at firesale prices, but . . . .

Does Nexchange Corp Lite REALLY work? And work well at the level of Chatter reliability?
    I just started using Nexchange, but it reliably connects to my exchange server and syncs my contacts, tasks, calendar and notes without any issues. Even if they go out of business, it doesn't really matter since this software does not require anything but my treo and my Exchange server.

As for being as reliable as chatter, it is for my purposes. I tried their corp version, but the email client was very primative compared to Chatter. In addition, it did not offer push like Chatter does over IMAP. I think the two really complement each other. Now if Chatter comes up with a better solution in the future, I will switch. However, Nexchange suits my needs now since I no longer need physically hotsync my Treo any longer.

Also keep in mind that I only have it set to sync up w/Exchange once a day. I could have it run more often, but it pops up its interface while syncing, which can be distracting.

I would suggest trying the 30 day trial before buying it to make sure it suits your needs.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Stroths,

I think I may give Nexchange a shot as soon as my shiny plastic Treo 650 GSM unlocked unbranded fabulousness arrives via UPS (replacement for my prior Treo 650 which my wife now has while I went a-wandering through MDA-land and Blackberryland. But I'm back).
    downloaded the trial. installed. after a lot of dinking around got it to talk to my server. but it wouldn't recognize new appointments in outlook and put them on the treo or vice versa. peh. uninstalled per instructions and now hotsync won't keep its settings to sync outlook data with mr. treo. peh. have to fix this later when I get back to work. peh. back to versamail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers
    downloaded the trial. installed. after a lot of dinking around got it to talk to my server. but it wouldn't recognize new appointments in outlook and put them on the treo or vice versa. peh. uninstalled per instructions and now hotsync won't keep its settings to sync outlook data with mr. treo. peh. have to fix this later when I get back to work. peh. back to versamail.
    I also downloaded and tried it. It completely screwed up repeating events. Getting rid of it isn't easy. You have to unistall it from your desktop and the Treo. Then you have to change settings in Hotsync manager (under "custom"). Remember to click the box for "set as default".

Kelly
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $NexChange$ $and$ $NexMail$ $are$ $no$ $longer$ $supported$.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by kjflint
    I also downloaded and tried it. It completely screwed up repeating events. Getting rid of it isn't easy. You have to unistall it from your desktop and the Treo. Then you have to change settings in Hotsync manager (under "custom"). Remember to click the box for "set as default".

Kelly
    Kelly's point about the checkbox is right.

I went back into Hotsync after making my earlier "peh" post (made via Treo while eating pizza--isn't America great?) once I went back into Hotsync -- minus the head of steam -- I found that little checkbox and that made all the difference.

Ah, well. The Holy Grail of full over-the-air sync with Exchange is out there. Somewhere. I think it has the initials WM attached to it, though. Not that I care. I'm a total agnostic on operating systems. I just want stuff to work.

Right now I have Versamail pinging my Exchange Server every 15 minutes. I have Bluetooth enabled for my Cardo Scala 500 headset. I have Chatter running in the background attached to a Fastmail account. Hmmm. Hello, little battery, how ARE you?
    Chatter does OTA sync of Exchange email, and will do Calendar, etc. before long.

Marc
    I know. I'm waaaaaaaaaaiting. :-)

Unfortunately I'm a T-Mobile person so I lose out on the push aspect but I don't care. I just want the connectivity.

And Marc, as much as everyone raves about the "push" part of Chatter (and it's wonderful) I think you deserve an enormous round of applause for the human interface of Chatter. It's simple, clean, efficient, and a treat to use the program.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    Chatter does OTA sync of Exchange email, and will do Calendar, etc. before long.

Marc

Wait. Did I read that right? Chatter's OWA plugin is out of beta and available for even ME to use? Must go check www.chatteremail.com right now. (sound of running feet)
    It's in open beta, and should be for sale within days. Email only for now.

Marc
    It's in open beta, and should be for sale within days. Email only for now.

Marc
    Thanks. I'll warm up my Visa card.

Marc
    This is just wonderful!! I've been using Versamail to synch Calendar, and it becomes corrupted every few days. I'm sure the demand for this will be tremendous. I'll start holding my breath.
    I'm guessing a month or less for first version.

Marc
    are you planning on allowing a two-way push/sync for PIM events that are changed or added on the device, like ActiveSync? If not, how would changes make it back to the server?

Are you still on schedule to release a first version within the next 2-3 weeks?
    Yes and yes (calendar).

Marc
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast