1.    #1  
    sometimes want to shut down wireless access, like taking a nap, but want to keep alarm, other functions of treo 650 on, my old 600 used to have a button on top i could do this with, now cant find how to disable wireless, alone

did search of forums, nothing on subject readily found

tx
    wc
    You can press the "red phone" button to the right. It acts just like the top button on the 600. However, this turns the phone off (you will not receive any calls).
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Wow, if ever there was a RTFM response required, this might have been it

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=93810
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo

lol...I thought about it.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo

Well considering it is on page 15 of the manual as the very first subject after installing the battery ......

And to the OP, your Treo experience will be far better if you RTFM. I read it during the first charge, again after a month ... did a lot of "Ahhhh'ing" then and a bit more after reading again after 3 months. Just too much to absorb at one read.

If you don't have one, the link above in the shaded area from scotty gives url's of all the manuals. Now if these times are scheduled, I find I get a huge battery life boost by shutting down the phone when I don't want to answer it. I use a program called TreoAlarm (www.treoalarm.com) to:

1. turn off my phone radio at 11:00 pm weekdays, 1:00 am weekends
    2. turn on my phone radio at 8:30 pm weekdays, 9:30 am weekends
    3. Wake me up at 8:00 pm weekdays, 10:00 am weekends

You can turn off/on during dinner hour, downlaod weather forcasts and many other uses also.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Well considering it is on page 15 of the manual as the very first subject after installing the battery ......

And to the OP, your Treo experience will be far better if you RTFM. I read it during the first charge, again after a month ... did a lot of "Ahhhh'ing" then and a bit more after reading again after 3 months. Just too much to absorb at one read.

If you don't have one, the link above in the shaded area from scotty gives url's of all the manuals. Now if these times are scheduled, I find I get a huge battery life boost by shutting down the phone when I don't want to answer it. I use a program called TreoAlarm (www.treoalarm.com) to:

1. turn off my phone radio at 11:00 pm weekdays, 1:00 am weekends
    2. turn on my phone radio at 8:30 pm weekdays, 9:30 am weekends
    3. Wake me up at 8:00 pm weekdays, 10:00 am weekends

You can turn off/on during dinner hour, downlaod weather forcasts and many other uses also.

I had a Loran "A" in the late 70's the best place for a Tech Manual is right on top of the Toilet Tank Believe me you can't help but learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by gulfwindx
    I had a Loran "A" in the late 70's the best place for a Tech Manual is right on top of the Toilet Tank Believe me you can't help but learn.
    By the time I find what page I am on, I''m outta there