Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I've seen some other threads hint at this problem but wonder if anyone has solved it.

I have a fully updated stock (1.71/1.20-ENA) Treo 650 GSM version.

I am unable to open a contact, tap on the "photo" area and select a photo from either the card or memory to attach to the contact. I've tried making a copy, deleting the old one - but that doesn't work. I must create an entirely new contact in order to get it to work.

Any ideas?
    Okay, so, where does the problem happen? Click the photo area, nothing happens? No picture shows? It doesn't stick once you hit Okay and go back in? What?
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    OK,
    I can tap on the place where the photo goes, then go through the motions of stepping through the list as if it is going to attach the photo, select the photo then when the screen comes back to the contact the blue silhouette stays there (the picture doesn't drop in).

If I create a completely new contact - then it will work.
    I don't know if I can be of much help, but on my 1.71/1.20 Treo (unlocked, unbranded GSM) it works fine. The steps I use are:

1) Click on the contact name.
    2) Click [Edit]
    3) Click the gray silhouette.
    4) Click [Photos]
    5) Click on a photo.

At this point, the gray silhouette is changed to a thumbnail of the photo I selected.

6) Click [Done]
    7) Click on the name again
    8) A larger thumbnail appears in the top right corner of the record.

If you can't get it to work following those steps, then I'd say there's definitely a bug somewhere, but I'm running the same software/firmware and I'm not experiencing it.

Good luck,

Jonathan
    Treo 650 Cingular -> Treo 650 Sprint -> Treo 700p Sprint -> PPC 6700 Sprint -> Treo 700wx Sprint
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Johahan:
    Where mine fails is right after step 5.
    The contact application returns to the contact edit screen and the original blue figure remains (photo is not inserted).
    Very strange.
    Perhaps my database is corrupted?
    I have a work-around. Select "duplicate contact" from the menu, and use the above method for adding a photo to your new (duplicate) contact. Then delete the old contact.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Jaharr,
    Thanks for the suggested work around. I have tried it several times and it doesn't seem to want to work. Right now, the only way to get a photo into the contact is to create a completely fresh one (not a duplicate).

Am I dealing with a compatibility issues with other software?
    Is there a method to check the database for corruption?

Thanks all - I really appreciate the help. This is a strange one.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    What finally worked (so far)...
    I deleted all of the contact related files from the Treo using FileZ then sync'd with the desktop overwrites hand-held option.
    Now it seems to work - but it seems like the screen updates in the contact mode are slower than before (when scrolling down through the contacts). Like I said -this is a strange one - perhaps some other file is still corrupted, but at least photos are bonding to contacts as they are supposed to.