1.    #1  
    I installed the newer version expecting it to work, but it didn't, and is the most worthless program, so when I tried deleting it, it wouldn't work.

I have used Zlauncher and FileZ to try and remove it.

The errors I get are as follows...

Zlauncher- Database: database protected (Dm 021B)
    FileZ- Error: dm: Database Protected in Item::remove() d

I looked at the Attrs section under FileZ to see what was checkmarked and it says Backup & Resource DB

I'm not sure what the Resource DB entails, but if I uncheck it, it warns me about crashing my palm.

At one point I got it to appear in the Trash Bin of Zlauncher, but I couldn't delete it there either.

So basically I have 216kb stuck in my Internal memory I can't get out of the device unless someone knows how to resolve this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    First, Opera mini works fantastic for me. Do you have J2ME loaded? You need it to run Opera. Second, you might try an app called Uninstall Manager to get rid of it. If you don't want to keep it you might just download the trial to take care of this issue.

EDIT: You might also try to use the "delete" tool that comes standard with Palm.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, it loaded, but every other page froze the Treo, and even the newer version, so I had to dump it.

Tried exiting Zlauncher and using built in delete, but it doesn't see it.

Tried the Uninstall manager and got the same error as Zlauncher gave me.
    Database: database protected (Dm 021B)

Still out of luck so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstang
    Yeah, it loaded, but every other page froze the Treo, and even the newer version, so I had to dump it.

Tried exiting Zlauncher and using built in delete, but it doesn't see it.

Tried the Uninstall manager and got the same error as Zlauncher gave me.
    Database: database protected (Dm 021B)

Still out of luck so far.
    Okay, not sure if this will work, but go into Uninstall Manager and, from the menu, select "Delete a68k files". You may have to do this a few times. If this doesn't work, do a soft reset and then try to delete the a68k files again.

Also, did you delete your History files from Opera?
    Try doing a warm reset (hold the up button and press the reset hole on the back, let go of up button once Palm logo comes up) and then try to delete. I'm not sure if it works for Opera but that has worked for me on many programs that have been "protected"
    Uninstall manager only gonna help if it was on Treo when prog was installed. Sister program CleanUp may help tracking down files with same creator ID
  7.    #7  
    Well, I got it to work.

What I did was I took the chance on the FileZ program that had the Resource DB checked under Attrs.

It did a soft reset as soon as I unchecked it. I then went back in to both utilities and looked for the file and its gone.

Not sure what made it automatically delete it when I unchecked that, but nonetheless its gone. I thought for a moment it crashed the device, but it was only a soft reset. I'm glad FileZ works as well as it does. But i'd still like to know what Resource DB means and why files have it checkmarked.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Never had any problem installing or deleting Opera Mini from Internal RAM or
    from SD Card, either using PowerRun or manually deleting.

The program's biggest problem -- at least for me -- is spontaneously resetting when too many images are loaded, and this is not even the higher quality image.

I have plenty of RAM memory -- 15MB, and dbcache ...

I use Opera on the PC and I love it. A great browser, so I'm hoping they
    can bring Mini up to snuff.

By the way, I usually run Mini from the SD Card, via PowerRun, and have all the
    Java files in that folder except for Java Launcher and Java Exchanger, which
    have to stay in RAM. The nice thing is that this approach also keeps all the little
    spawned files in the same separate director on the card -- unless, of course, the
    thing freezes and the PowerRun generated copies are dumped into RAM. But
    still, easy to delete using Resco Explorer.
    Opera mini works great for me. Everything's in RAM. Resets are very rare, and it is very fast. I just wish it would download. . .
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I run Opera mini from the card via ZLauncher and have all of my java files in RAM. In java prefs I have 1Mb memory max and 2Kb max thread stack size. Haven't had a reset problem since I loaded the current versions of J2ME and Opera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    Opera mini works great for me. Everything's in RAM. Resets are very rare, and it is very fast. I just wish it would download. . .
    Right! The big problems for me are the lack of download, the lack of cut/paste and the lact of support from third part applications that launch web pages.