1.    #1  
    I'm a new Treo 650 user and I cannot get this program to work right. I have my resume in Word format in Documents to Go. When I try to open it it always says "application cannot be found." I tried moving the document to my SD Card, however when I open up the card the document is not there. Any help would be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    how are you trying to open it? from the list of documents that appears when you launch DTG? or from a standalone file list somewhere?

In the first option, in theory the doc should show up in one of the lists that appear in DTG whenever youre not looking at a doc. There is a filtering icon in the lower right of the screen that enables you to see all or various categories (eg Native MS Word) of the files that are present either in your RAM or in the Documents folder of your SD card. I find in reality that DTG doesnt always see files even after you choose "Search For Files" from the top File menu bar. Its to me the most annoying feature of this program watching that whirring pie-chart thingy while it never actually does what its meant to. DTG support team is designed to repel even the hardiest of supplicants so dont look to them for help.

If you want to actually get DTG to launch a doc from outside DTG then you could either

1. install the excellent "windows explorers" style file viewer RescoExplorer (has lots more features too) from within which you can just click on a Word file and this automatically triggers DTG to open it.

2. install Zlinks with which u can set up a link to any Word file in (I believe) all of the available Launchers - I know it works for Zlauncher and the supplied Palm "Applications".

Both of these cost money, maybe someone else knows a free option.

As to why you cant see the file in your SD card, I dont understand enough of your situation to suggest why yr having this problem too - except that I know that applications regularly conspire together to block all possible routes to overcoming a problem.

good luck

geoff
    D2G should have a File --> Open option. . . To bad it doesn't. There are times when it would be very helpful.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    D2G should have a File --> Open option. . . To bad it doesn't. There are times when it would be very helpful.

Totally agree, but since no Palm progs I know of offers this sort of choice, I had always thought it was some intrinsic OS quirk.