1.    #1  
    Any news on when this will be available?
    None, that I have heard.

BlackBerry Connect for the Treo is what I think you are asking about.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/22/2006 at 09:26 AM.
    I think it would be nice, but am I the only one satisfied with pull email? I check it periodically and am perfectly fine with Versamail and Gmail. I dont use my company's email system when I am gone, because I hate Outlook. I have my 'out of office' turned on with a message to have them email me at gmail.
    I am fine with pull. I have 6 accounts set up within VersaMail:

Mine (Home)
    Mine (Work)
    Wife's
    Daughter #1
    Daughter #2
    Sprint (unused)

I can keep up, whenever and wherevever I am. I do not even have auto-pull on. Just pull when I am ready to deal with it. Even set up an account for my co-worker one lunch when he was waiting for an important email and was getting nervous about it.

Cheers, Perry.
    I am fine with pull, I have 4 accounts setup and have 2 of them pull every 15 minutes. Someone isn't going to die if I get an email 15 minutes after I should have gotten it with push
    There's always next year!
    Someone isn't going to die if I get an email 15 minutes after I should have gotten it with push
    Exactly!!!! I just thought I was alone with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Apanther
    Exactly!!!! I just thought I was alone with that.
    Thing is, I don't need push email, I just need access to my corporate email, and the only way to get there is through a Blackberry server. My corporate email is lotus notes, and they only allow access through BB. No POP, IMAP, Good, etc.

I can't wait for BB Connect for this very reason!
    The big thing for me with BB connect is if the ability to invite people to meetings is there. If not I am fine with Activesync since it pulls my corp e-mail every 5 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by nehle
    Thing is, I don't need push email, I just need access to my corporate email, and the only way to get there is through a Blackberry server. My corporate email is lotus notes, and they only allow access through BB. No POP, IMAP, Good, etc.

I can't wait for BB Connect for this very reason!

Hopefully, it will come to be.
    Count me as a pull kinda guy. No sense having an e-mail on my treo if:

1. I ain't gonna answer it from the Treo as will happen 13/14 days
    2. I ain't gonna be able and write a reply for 6 hours.

My brain got sore trying to figure a way to just get "I need you right now emails" and skip the "bring home milk and bread" e-mails w/o having to manage multiple accounts (have 3 now) and folders. If I have an emergency e-mails I am not quite comfortable with e-mails.....I wanna a 2-way conversation via a call to someone or them call me so I imemdiately know the message was received and that proper action was taken. I'd hate to be in court answering "Why didn't you call appropriate authorities when your inspection of that bridge showed danger of collapse ?" ...well I sent an e-mail and assumed proper steps would be taken. That doesn't make me right, it's just the solution that works best for me. Other peeps find it makes them more productive and I say use whatever works for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    The big thing for me with BB connect is if the ability to invite people to meetings is there. If not I am fine with Activesync since it pulls my corp e-mail every 5 minutes.
    Have you looked at Airset.com ? I been waiting for a chance to spend some time with it. It seems to work on verizon phones wirelessly or thru desktop via Outlook / Palm Desktop.

http://www.tipmonkies.com/2005/10/05...ervice-around/
    i was an auto pull person, now I just get mail when I want to. why be a slave when you dont have to.

i check 7 accounts with snapper.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smarcus
    Any news on when this will be available?
    I work for a Fortune 100 company so we have a lot of cell phones and a lot of BlackBerrys. Our Cingular rep. contacted us last Thursday (March 16, 2006) and asked us if we wanted to beta test the BlackBerry Connect for Treo 650s. They offered us 10 accounts. We said "yes" (duh) but haven't heard back from them.

I'm running ExtendConnect's OneBridge hooked up to our Lotus Notes system on my Cingular Treo 650. I gave up my BlackBerry for this. Haven't missed the BB.
    I work for a Fortune 100 company
    I do as well. And all of my team uses IM, which you can route to your phone when you are away from your desk or laptop. So, this is why email has become less important for us. We will text if we need a meeting or something urgent.

Like Jack said, it became too cumbersome to sort through the jokes, non-important and work related emails.
    fastoy - what version of OneBridge are you using. My IT will be rolling out V5 soon and was wondering if you had that already and could comment on it.

Nice thing about OneBridge is it takes care of the Server being in a different time zone than the handheld. The mail client (mailplus) that we have is weak, but good enough to see if there is anything urgent that needs to be handled.
    Thanks,

Mark

Palm III > Palm Vx > Sony Clie PEG760N > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdlissner
    fastoy - what version of OneBridge are you using. My IT will be rolling out V5 soon and was wondering if you had that already and could comment on it.

Nice thing about OneBridge is it takes care of the Server being in a different time zone than the handheld. The mail client (mailplus) that we have is weak, but good enough to see if there is anything urgent that needs to be handled.
    I'm running OneBridge V4.2.2005.1130 and MailPlus V4.2.2005.0722. I just upgraded to these levels recently and they are very stable. They just upgraded our server to some V4 level so I don't think we'll be upgrading to V5 soon.

I haven't played with the time zone capability. I certainly agree that MailPlus is very weak. It drops all the attachments in the Treo memory rather than on the SD card and it's hard to figure where they came from.

We use OneBridge primarily to sync other Palms via a sync cable with Notes for e-mail, calendaring, and personal address books. We have very FEW (less than 5) Treo 650s syncing over the air.