1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if it's possible to output the screen of a Treo 650 to an external monitor? There's been talk on here before, but that's about it.

I've got the GPS up and running, but the 2x2" screen is kind of hard to see. I'm using this for a back-up navigation unit in an aircraft, and things get a bit bumpy up there.

I came across a few places that claimed to have Bluetooth-to-RCA adapters, but I'm not sure if it would work with the 650 (not to mention that the adapter runs something like $270 a pop).

Any help with deciding on a suitable monitor/Bluetooth/whatever adapter would be GREATLY appreciated.

And if no one has any help with that, I at least need to get the screen in a landscape mode (the Treo doesn't like standing up-right during turbulence, and my head doesn't turn 90* too well). I tried Rotate 1.2.3, which some 650 users on here got to work, but not me.

Thanks all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcongrove
    Does anyone know if it's possible to output the screen of a Treo 650 to an external monitor? There's been talk on here before, but that's about it. Any help with deciding on a suitable monitor/Bluetooth/whatever adapter would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Theres completed installations here on the board based upon the Margi thingie but frankly it's all about positioning. The picture shown has a 5 or 7" screen on the floor which considering the distance and angle seems harder to read / see than a properly mounted Treo Cradle.

See message 6 here

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=71255

And if no one has any help with that, I at least need to get the screen in a landscape mode (the Treo doesn't like standing up-right during turbulence, and my head doesn't turn 90* too well). I tried Rotate 1.2.3, which some 650 users on here got to work, but not me.
    How are you making the Treo "stand up" by propping it up against something ? That wouldn't cut it even in a car. See the pictures below which place the Treo firmly at my fingertips. Ya plane may be bumpier than my vehicle on the highway but offroad I gotta be doing more g's than your seeing unless that an acrobatics rig. Cradle kit review here.

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/725-1.htm
    Attached Images Attached Images
  3.    #3  
    Hey,

Thanks for the reply. About the Margie project, that won't work (I already saw that one). The GPS software has to have the waypoint database loaded on the SD, which that adapter takes up.

And for the mounting, it isn't standing freely. I have one of the Arkon suction-cup car mounts (I fly a different plane every other day, so I can't invest in any permanent mounting solutions). The way the plane is set up, it'd just be more secure if I could mount it horizontally.

Thanks for the effort though!