Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

    I am looking to get the seido 2350S GPS car kit in the not to distant future (based on the reviews I have read, this seems to be the best model, if someone thinks there are better kits available, please feel free to say so). In addition to the GPS kit, I want to start taking advantage of the mp3 player in my treo, as my Ipod is starting to malfunction on me. I have a few questions:

    1. I only have one cigarrete lighter in my car. If I purchase the seido GPS kit and an FM transmitter, will I need a splitter for my cigarrette lighter to power both? I thought I read on the review for the 2350S that there is a "DC out" on the cradle. Will this power the FM transmitter so that I will not need a splitter for the cigarrette lighter?

    2. I live in a city and am hesitant to leave the GPS kit attached to my windshield. Is it a problem to keep removing the kit from the windshield (i.e. will the suction cup "wear out" from repeatedly removal?)

    3. As previously mentioned, I want to take advantage of my Treo's mp3 player. I commute 1+ hour each way to work, so listening to music is important to me, and I have also recently joined audible.com and am enjoying listening to audiobooks in the car as well. Will the GPS system work when the mp3 player is running?

    Thats it for now, thanks for your help!

    Bob
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by bob7582
    Hi,

    I am looking to get the seido 2350S GPS car kit in the not to distant future (based on the reviews I have read, this seems to be the best model, if someone thinks there are better kits available, please feel free to say so). In addition to the GPS kit, I want to start taking advantage of the mp3 player in my treo, as my Ipod is starting to malfunction on me. I have a few questions:

    1. I only have one cigarrete lighter in my car. If I purchase the seido GPS kit and an FM transmitter, will I need a splitter for my cigarrette lighter to power both? I thought I read on the review for the 2350S that there is a "DC out" on the cradle. Will this power the FM transmitter so that I will not need a splitter for the cigarrette lighter?

    2. I live in a city and am hesitant to leave the GPS kit attached to my windshield. Is it a problem to keep removing the kit from the windshield (i.e. will the suction cup "wear out" from repeatedly removal?)

    3. As previously mentioned, I want to take advantage of my Treo's mp3 player. I commute 1+ hour each way to work, so listening to music is important to me, and I have also recently joined audible.com and am enjoying listening to audiobooks in the car as well. Will the GPS system work when the mp3 player is running?

    Thats it for now, thanks for your help!

    Bob
    Hi Bob,

    Quite a list of informed questions you have there. For a quick overview of the capabilities of the 2350 as opposed to our other cradles, you can find a comparison chart by clicking on the following link:

    https://www.seidioonline.com/index.a...n=Custom&ID=20

    The DC out on the 2350S will indeed power an FM transmitter. Another solution is our ability to hardwire your cradle directly into your car's electrical system, bypassing the need to use a cigarette lighter splitter.

    We have had a very good success rate with our gooseneck suction based mounts. They are some of the best available on the market and are known for having a long lifespan. Should the time come when your warranty expires and you need another gooseneck, they are readily available for purchase on our website.

    As for your last question, Pocket Tunes (www.normsoft.com) has the ability to play in the background while your Treo does GPS or other applications. If you need more specific and/or informed answers (I don't pretend to be a technician), our technical support department will be happy to answer any pre-sales questions you may have. You can reach them directly at: 832-204-1144. If you would prefer to mail them or myself directly with your questions, their email address is: techsupport@seidioonline.com. Mine can be found in my signature below. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

    David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    The DC out on the 2350S will indeed power an FM transmitter.
    Does that cut functionality of the BT headset on GSM phones ?

    If not, I assume we are talking about this ?
    http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...PROD&ProdID=85

    Any extra cables, etc needed to work with the 2350 other than the Audio Adaptor (2.5mm male jack to 3.5mm female jack) ?

    What is size of this thing ? I'd would like to attach it somehow to the cradle itself w/ self stick velcro or something.

    Would this allow say a speakerphone conversation with Treos speakerphone output being funneled to radio ?

    If it does interfere with BT headset functionality, would I be able to switch from say speakerphone usage over radio (with DC plug in socket) to BT headset usage by yanking DC plug or is some kind of rest or end call needed ?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bob7582
    1. I only have one cigarrete lighter in my car. If I purchase the seido GPS kit and an FM transmitter, will I need a splitter for my cigarrette lighter to power both? I thought I read on the review for the 2350S that there is a "DC out" on the cradle. Will this power the FM transmitter so that I will not need a splitter for the cigarrette lighter?
    I have 5 ciggie lighter things so not a worry but splitters are available at radio shack and otehr joints. Most are pieces of crap tho. There's been onne listed for several days on 1src but don't see it today. You can also wire the thing directly into your electrical system.

    2. I live in a city and am hesitant to leave the GPS kit attached to my windshield. Is it a problem to keep removing the kit from the windshield (i.e. will the suction cup "wear out" from repeatedly removal?)
    The cradle mounts on a "locking plate" which mounts on the windshield thing. You just slide the cradle up off the mounting plate and take it with you. If you wanna use in two cars, buy an extra mounting plate ($1.00) and use vent mount in one car and windshield in the other. Tho personally I'd suggest a Proclip mount specifically made for your vehicle.

    Seidio dude has answer your other question
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Does that cut functionality of the BT headset on GSM phones ?

    If not, I assume we are talking about this ?
    http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...PROD&ProdID=85

    Any extra cables, etc needed to work with the 2350 other than the Audio Adaptor (2.5mm male jack to 3.5mm female jack) ?

    What is size of this thing ? I'd would like to attach it somehow to the cradle itself w/ self stick velcro or something.

    Would this allow say a speakerphone conversation with Treos speakerphone output being funneled to radio ?

    If it does interfere with BT headset functionality, would I be able to switch from say speakerphone usage over radio (with DC plug in socket) to BT headset usage by yanking DC plug or is some kind of rest or end call needed ?
    Hoochie mama - guess I need to read more quickly and answer more slowly. The answers I supplied to the original questions addressed how to use the FM transmitter with the 2350; looking at it again, it just isn't possible. As the 2350 has NO audio out capability, the only way to take advantage of the Treo's mp3 capability is via the headphone jack - which unfortunately is not available when plugged into the Treo. I apologize for the misinformation and hope I haven't encouraged anyone to make a wrong decision. An alternate solution for those not owning a GPS integrated device would be the 4100M. This is the ONLY one of our 4000 series that allows true stereo out. The major difference between this and the 2350 is the audio out jack and the lack of integrated GPS. Again, I humbly apologize.

    David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
  6. #6  
    You had me going for a while...thought you figured a way to do like our power company is doing broadband over electric lines and you doing audio over DC out jacks. Methinks this is where the confusion comes in

    "DC Power Output - The G2350 includes a DC output port that can be used for powering other devices without having to use an additional power adapter, with the use of an appropriate adapter cable. You can also power our FM Transmitter (available separately) directly from the cradle with the purchase of our optional DC power adapter cable."

    Also when ya click on 2350 accessories it takes you to a page that says 4850 accessories.

    Still looking for something to do w/ that output.....a short Treo wireless headset charging cable and a hook to mount the TWH on the side of the cradle would be nice.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    You had me going for a while...thought you figured a way to do like our power company is doing broadband over electric lines and you doing audio over DC out jacks. Methinks this is where the confusion comes in

    "DC Power Output - The G2350 includes a DC output port that can be used for powering other devices without having to use an additional power adapter, with the use of an appropriate adapter cable. You can also power our FM Transmitter (available separately) directly from the cradle with the purchase of our optional DC power adapter cable."

    Also when ya click on 2350 accessories it takes you to a page that says 4850 accessories.

    Still looking for something to do w/ that output.....a short Treo wireless headset charging cable and a hook to mount the TWH on the side of the cradle would be nice.
    Hi Jack,

    Thanks for pointing out those inconsistencies. I'll take a look at them and make the necessary corrections.

    David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
  8. #8  
    The 2nd part wasn't an inconsistency.....yoo gave us a DC out port on the 2350 but nothing to plug into it. Page talks about a cable but can't find on ya site. What can I plug other end of that cable into besides the FM transmitter which won't work cause of the audio thing ? Is this the proverbial "boobs on a bull" or can I get say a short 2-3" cable to charge my Treo Wireless Headset with ? Be nice to put ear loop on antenna and charge it when gets low.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    The 2nd part wasn't an inconsistency.....yoo gave us a DC out port on the 2350 but nothing to plug into it. Page talks about a cable but can't find on ya site. What can I plug other end of that cable into besides the FM transmitter which won't work cause of the audio thing ? Is this the proverbial "boobs on a bull" or can I get say a short 2-3" cable to charge my Treo Wireless Headset with ? Be nice to put ear loop on antenna and charge it when gets low.
    Hi Jack,

    Thanks once again for the feedback. I just talked to product development about creating a 4.0mm <-> Treo charging head specifically for charging the Palm BT headset. The problem is that there are so many variations of connectors needed to accomodate devices, that we can only look at the more commonly used ones. Right now, the main use for that DC out is to charge GPS receivers. We have cables that can do that with most models available today. We are still looking at increasing the functionality of that port. Good ideas!

    David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Hi Jack,

    The problem is that there are so many variations of connectors needed to accomodate devices, that we can only look at the more commonly used ones. ...... We are still looking at increasing the functionality of that port. Good ideas!
    Well since it was the Treo Wireless Headset and since Seidio already makes a slew of products with that cable end since it is the same charging connector as for the Treo itself, I thot if any had a shot, this would be it.

    In fact that would make a hell of a combo or "traveler" pack:

    *G2350S
    *Treo Wireless Headset
    *TWH charge cable.

    In fact a cable woukdn't really be becessary a fixed plastic "stick" about 3/4 " long would do the trick. Or somethink like:


    T
    W
    H
    |
    |___Treo 650

    A little right angle plug thingie where Horiz. went into DC and vert went into TWH.

Posting Permissions