Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I am sure I am not the only person that is having this problem. I tried searching for this, but there are so many threads anymore it takes forever to find what you are looking for.

Anyway, when I start PT (version 3.1.3) and get a song going and go to another app (Doesn't seem to matter which one) I have PT set to bring up the console by pressing the power button. So far so good, this works fine.

But when I try to reopen PT by tapping the Open Pocket Tunes button it brings PT up, but it uses the default skin and not the one I selected using the skin chooser. The only way to get back to the High Fidelity skin is to stop PT from playing, exit the program. Restart it and then reselect the HiFi skin using the skin chooser again.

Anythoughts on what I might be doing wrong, or is this a bug in the program?
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I bumped this because there was no response in over a week.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    OK another bump. I can't believe I am the only person this is happening to.
    do you have ptunes on the card or main ram?
    Treoing & Loving it
    I've had it happen, but only when it crashes.. Sometimes comes up with the default skin. Not too often though.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    I just updated and now it won't let me select a skin that I have been using. Error Could not load the specified skin. I have the skins on the card in Palm/programs/pocket tunes.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Should have thought to include that point. I run it from my SD Card. 512 MB with over 100 mb available.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I also had it happen. I ignored the inconvenience, but I see others are having same problem. Currently I just change it back.
    that's why it happens, ptunes copies itself into RAM when run from SD card. To get around loosing the skin pref, while ptunes is running, do not open the copy you see in RAM, rather open the copy on the SD card. This should preserve ptunes prefs.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    OK, I reset my skin preference and started Ptunes from the card. moved away from Ptunes to check mail and let music play in the background. Hit launcher button to get to the tab in zLauncher where I have the link to PTunes on my card (The one with the little arrow on the icon) still brings up the bare naked player. I have tried a couple of different ways to bring the full player with my skin chosen but it doesn't seem to want to pull the skin from the card. Oh well. at least it does a good job of playing music.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    OK. I wasn't thinking about the program being loaded from the card into RAM every time I run it. (I hope the rumors are true about PTunes being included in the next firmware upgrade replacing Real Player) So I installed the skin to RAM and now the program keeps the skin no matter how it gets started. I guess I need to find a skin that is smaller in size than the HiRes one that comes with the program.
    Do you run pTunes from the SD card? That's the problem then, not the skin. I have pTunes in ram, but the skins on the SD card. Something that runs all the time or in the background *has* to be in ram.