1.    #1  
    Hi,
    My Treo 650 (Sprint) was doing fine until I installed Volumecare to Phone Technician earlier today. Immediatly after that I received a phone call from my wife, we talked for about a minute then the sound start breaking up then I lost the sound. I thought I lost signal. When she called me back I couldn't hear her from the wired headphone set any longer. When I launched my Pocket Tune, the sound came out of the back speaker eventhough I have my wired headset on. I tried to reset my Treo many times, once the sound came back on then disappeared. I hard reset many times. again the sound came back once then disappeared (not sure how?). I removed Volumecare and that didn't help, then re-installed it and that brought the sound back for couple of minute then it went off again. After 2 hrs of reset/hard reset I still don't have sound from the wired headset. only from the speaker even with the headset is hooked.
    I have been using my headset for a long time listening to music.
    Something turned off the sound to the headset, I'm not sure what it is. Any suggestion?
    Thanks
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    nonobreez does a great job of repairing broken headset jacks. He has many happy customers.

If you are looking for a quick fix, enable the ByPass feature in VolumeCare. It will restore the operation of your internal Treo speakers again so you can use them for phone calls.

Use this version of VolumeCare: http://gotreosoftware.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=28&title=VolumeCare%20(Early%20Access)

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    nonobreez does a great job of repairing broken headset jacks. He has many happy customers.

If you are looking for a quick fix, enable the ByPass feature in VolumeCare. It will restore the operation of your internal Treo speakers again so you can use them for phone calls.

Use this version of VolumeCare: http://gotreosoftware.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=28&title=VolumeCare%20(Early%20Access)

Jeff
    Thanks!!! As a side note, this problem is wierd in that one thing breaks (the jack) but the speaker and/or mic fails.

Problem is blamed on speaker, mic, software, Bluetooth, Ptunes, ROM?Firmware upgrade, volumecare, etc... and it is almost always the jack.

I have seen one bad mic/motherboard... he rest bad jacks.

I personally have not fixed a CDMA phone (Sprint has a good replacement policy)... And half my phones come from Brooklyn.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    T... And half my phones come from Brooklyn.
    long daily subway rides = lots of ear exercise
    Quote Originally Posted by rayfield
    long daily subway rides = lots of ear exercise
    or someone dumping refurbished Cingular Treos...