Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    due to popular demand...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    I would have to agree, looking around the internet, the prices have been from $39.99 + shipping which would bring it really close to....$50. That may sound high, but for an item that retail at $500, its about right!

The other alternative is to go on ebay and get a "Broke" T650 and take the antenna off it, not knowing if the antenna is scratched or what, just as is!

(just wanted to throw in my 2 cents!)
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Who are you to ask me who I am?
    I know who you are, where you live and I even have your phone number...
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaughanusm81
    I would have to agree, looking around the internet, the prices have been from $39.99 + shipping which would bring it really close to....$50. That may sound high, but for an item that retail at $500, its about right!

The other alternative is to go on ebay and get a "Broke" T650 and take the antenna off it, not knowing if the antenna is scratched or what, just as is!

(just wanted to throw in my 2 cents!)
    yes, I think it's fair... cardio innocently questioned why (that's cool). sorry cardio! But kiyaksu hounds me and all my posts.

nobody's perfect. I sometimes say the wrong thing or give the wrong advice, but I have better things to do with my time than hound sombody and their posts.

What's next... crank calls at 4 am? (thanks god for Ptechnican radio on/off feature)
    Sorry I turned on your sensitive side, but I wasn't hounding you at all. The going price for the antenna is around $50 which seems high to me. In fact I suspect there's not much "antenna" in the antenna.. If anything, it's a cheap coil, connector, and plastic cap.

So to recap, I was questioning the price of the antenna. Not your price. Sheesh.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    Sorry I turned on your sensitive side, but I wasn't hounding you at all. The going price for the antenna is around $50 which seems high to me. In fact I suspect there's not much "antenna" in the antenna.. If anything, it's a cheap coil, connector, and plastic cap.

So to recap, I was questioning the price of the antenna. Not your price. Sheesh.
    Sorry I may have jumped to fast... but I just wanted to let you know how I feel. I think we should avoid quetioning or criticizing each others comments.

you could also word your comments better...
  7.    #27  
    Believe it or not... GOT ONE yesterday... BRAND NEW... 4 FREEEEE
  8.    #28  
    oh! Thanks anyway!!!!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    yes, I think it's fair... cardio innocently questioned why (that's cool). sorry cardio! But kiyaksu hounds me and all my posts.

nobody's perfect. I sometimes say the wrong thing or give the wrong advice, but I have better things to do with my time than hound sombody and their posts.

What's next... crank calls at 4 am? (thanks god for Ptechnican radio on/off feature)

No biggee, I had not even thought about replacing my antenna, much less how much one would cost. Everyone has there own desires which is cool with me, I just did not realize those antennas were that pricey. If mine was not beat up I would buy the OP old antenna and sell mine
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by jvasconcelos
    oh! Thanks anyway!!!!
    No problem!

you should sell your old one on ebay.... People need them!!!
    What would be nice is if someone could reduce the size of the antenna to about 1/3rd the size, just a little nub.. I'm afraid of breaking my antenna more than anything else since it sticks out pretty far.
    try pdaparts.com
    I hate to point this but looking at the first picture you can see the antenna base where the screw goes through is cracked. This is the common problem with this antenna and the reason they fall off. It's simply bad design.
    Anyone in the market to sell one of these Gray antennas? My Treo had one too many falls, and the pointed-out flaw in the design of the antenna has lead to mine cracking at the antenna base where the screw goes through, plus the section of plastic that is just covering the copper connector. My reception is taking a big hit at this point.
    I got a good one for $50 shipped. like new and no crackes in the base.
    You the man! I'm gonna PM you to keep our conversation private and prevent a relapse of what happened earlier in this thread, lol.
    lol, I don't understand why ppl giving beez such a hard time... he goes above and beyond to help people out and doesn't charge for this help... he only seems to make money off his custom work and parts. if he wants to charge $1000 for the antenna it's his choice and a buyer's choice to purchase... sorry if I'm being silly but I think it's really sad to see... I'm also having a bad day so I might be a little sensitive...
    Quote Originally Posted by rkub
    lol, I don't understand why ppl giving beez such a hard time... he goes above and beyond to help people out and doesn't charge for this help... he only seems to make money off his custom work and parts. if he wants to charge $1000 for the antenna it's his choice and a buyer's choice to purchase... sorry if I'm being silly but I think it's really sad to see... I'm also having a bad day so I might be a little sensitive...
    Thanks! I may have overreacted a bit and misunderstood the comments. We all made up and everything is A Ok.
    I droped the phone and the antenna fell out, does it need to be soldered in or can I simply insert it back in the hole?
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalfx
    I droped the phone and the antenna fell out, does it need to be soldered in or can I simply insert it back in the hole?
    Antenna is not soldered in, it slips in and is then held securely by the screw that is under the rubber plug. I would guess that you need an antenna and a T5 Torx screwdriver to install it.

You can pickup a T5 at you local True Value or Ace hardware store or Fry's electronics.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast