Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    yes there was another thread recently about the potential usefulness of things that do nothing. but actually I like to use an app I use occasionaLy becuz it increases freq of unplanned backups. and im not devoting a whole key to just BUM.
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Looks like "Dummy" (http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/dummy.shtml) works just fine.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Neat. I didn't know that. Now I need to find a useless application that doesn't do anything else. Any ideas?
    in my case, any one of far too many programs I paid for and dont use "to their full advantage" anymore

but i dont think its such a bad idea to designate a prog u do use maybe a few times a day, since then at least you are ensuring a few extra back-ups

for me, one of the real attractions of being able to quickly do a back-up on the spot is for those times I lend my phone to someone who wants to play a game etc.

my best time now for both enabling Applock (reducing accessibility to my suite of games, the camera, and a few other fun things) AND backing up the RAM is......15 secs.
    Quote Originally Posted by TRgEOff
    Funny how so many people back up at 3am!

I've come up with a nice way to tweak the daily automated backup, that allows you to do an incredibly rapid incremental backup anytime you choose. and may provide a compelling reason to upgrade (sorry - I know yr qn was not for me).

Within the "do backup when you exit an application" option you choose only *ONE* prog, one you maybe only use only occcasionally. I chose my SMS prog, anyway some prog that you can access very easily thru a key press.

So whenevr you want to b-up the system, you just quickly enter and exit the designated prog. My quickest run of this, from hitting the SMS key to the end of the b-up and return to normal..... 5 secs.

When I originally saw that "exit program" option I thought it would do b-ups when I exited every prog, but its customizability adds a lot of possibilities.

(there is a main-menu option to force an automated b-up, but unfortunately it doesnt do an incremental one).
    Tks for the additional info TRgEOff
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Redundancy.

You can say that again!
    Gimme the P-Funk!
    I have 1.45. I just upgraded to a 650 and just tried my first backup. Before I did I put my 512k card in the cardreader and deleated all the old palm files and left my music. When I tried to make a backup set is said "System backup Failed". There is not enough space left on the volume. (0x2AOf). Any comments?
    Quote Originally Posted by jfscars48
    I have 1.45. I just upgraded to a 650 and just tried my first backup. Before I did I put my 512k card in the cardreader and deleated all the old palm files and left my music. When I tried to make a backup set is said "System backup Failed". There is not enough space left on the volume. (0x2AOf). Any comments?
    Uh, if you really are using a 512 kilobyte card, that'll be too small for pretty much anything. :-)
    In backupman, go to "Tools" and "Device Info..." and see what it says there.
    To upgrade to this from 2.0, do i just install the new .prc over the old one? Or should i delete 2.0 first then install this?
    I deleted the old one first.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    I have 1.54. It seems to be working fine. I use it as well as BackupBuddyVFS. Lately, whenevere I need to do a restore, I have been using BackupBuddy. No particular reason except that I have been getting flawless restores with it and and awhile back I was getting errors with BackupMan. I did a restore, just for the fun of it, with BackupMan 1.54 a few minutes ago, and it did just fine. My backups are faster with BackupBuddy as well. I keep bouncing back and forth with the two.
    That's funny because I backup with both of those also, though I almost always use BackupMan for my restores. Do you have a copy of 1.54 you could email me? I wonder what the fix was from 1.53. Does anyone have any 1.x version newer than 1.54? What's the cost to upgrade?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    That's funny because I backup with both of those also, though I almost always use BackupMan for my restores. Do you have a copy of 1.54 you could email me? I wonder what the fix was from 1.53. Does anyone have any 1.x version newer than 1.54? What's the cost to upgrade?
    PM me with your email address for 1.54 or you can download 1.55 from this address:

http://www.bitsnbolts.com/backupman.php
    Last edited by JohnH59; 03/24/2006 at 08:41 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12