Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1.    #1  
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...rREF=&siteid=1

    Just in case your friend's 45 second Garth Brooks / Eminem / Fat Opera Dude ringtone doesn't annoy you enough.....make sure to get him this...

    Cuckoo Clock on your handheld, and it will produce a cuckoo ringtone every hour! Cuckoo Clock can work even if your handheld is off. It will play a selected cuckoo music hourly, repeating it the number of hours (once at one o'clock, twice at two o'clock, etc.).
  2. #2  
    That will annoy me too
  3. #3  
    LOL! I've been using a wav of a very similar cuckoo clock as my Butler Attention Grabber alert: if I don't respond to DateBk alarm or a VM alert fast enough, it goes off and - in crowded situations - makes me the center of (unwanted) attention. My wife hates it, but I love its plain 'ol 3-stooges-like goofiness.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  4.    #4  
    Bill:

    I think one cukoo would get a laugh but being in a cafe at noon and listening to 12 of them (one for each hour) might get you some latte on ya lap.
  5. #5  
    What about Chime, it has bells, and even a synthesized human voice to announce the time in hour, half, or quarter's. Has a nice schedule of when you want to hear the chimes/voice/both too. And it's free.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Bill:

    I think one cukoo would get a laugh but being in a cafe at noon and listening to 12 of them (one for each hour) might get you some latte on ya lap.
    Believe me, two of 'em are plenty annoying .
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  7.    #7  
    Still better than Garth Brooks ringtone
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Still better than Garth Brooks ringtone
    No argument here.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  9. #9  
    Palmary clock has a nice chime feature too, along with lots of other stuff. I use the Alarm Flute as my chime..soft and pleasant to the ears
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    What about Chime, it has bells, and even a synthesized human voice to announce the time in hour, half, or quarter's. Has a nice schedule of when you want to hear the chimes/voice/both too. And it's free.
    I've been using Chime for quite some time and love it.

    I've set up the effects in this order: every 30 minutes, single chime first and then the female voice saying the time.

    The female voice saying the time is a very useful reminder when I may be engrossed in a task and not really paying attention to time flying by... It's saved me more then once!

    BTW, I also have it on a schedule so it doesn't talk or chime to me between 8pm and 8am.
  11.    #11  
    I use Treo Alarm to wake me up and TMP sounds alarms.

    The TA thing is a ringtone which isn't annoying anyone cause I the only one who ever gonna hear it. TMP gives a short ding and it's done.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan
    I've been using Chime for quite some time and love it.

    I've set up the effects in this order: every 30 minutes, single chime first and then the female voice saying the time.

    The female voice saying the time is a very useful reminder when I may be engrossed in a task and not really paying attention to time flying by... It's saved me more then once!

    BTW, I also have it on a schedule so it doesn't talk or chime to me between 8pm and 8am.
    The time is 4 am. I once managed to set it backwards, not sure how.. But at around 3am I finally realized the Treo was talking to me and stopped it. Woke me up at 1 and 2 likely, but I just went back to sleep.

    Yep, it is a neat program.. It kinda freaks me out every time I play with it.. Doing my thing, suddenly my Treo is talking to me. Pretty neat program.

    There's also another one that I find useful sometimes to remind myself of time passing, it's from the same guy who makes Chime (and makes several time-related applications) called Silent Cue. His overall website is redwood-creative.com and is worth a look around.
  13. #13  
    WOW!! another cool free app. I love chime already. At work, so I downloaded it, emailed it to myself and installed it. Kinda big program, tho. I am gonna need that 58 megs of usable ram on that 700P.......
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
  14. #14  
    Yeah, it's big.. Synthesized voice I guess. I tend to move *everything* that doesn't run 'all the time' to my SD card with ZLauncher, so even with all the random crap I have installed I still have 6M free.
  15. #15  
    I tried it out. The synth voices kinda freaked me out, very robotic. A pleasant british lady or gent would be great
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  16. #16  
    I think she is kinda sexy is a robotic sort of way.
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
  17. pump142's Avatar
    Posts
    787 Posts
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    #17  
    i like the cukoo
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    I tried it out. The synth voices kinda freaked me out, very robotic. A pleasant british lady or gent would be great
    Try Audrey, she's nice.

    http://public.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php

Posting Permissions