1.    #1  
    My replacement battery just arived for my Treo 600, I got all the right tools, read all the useful info on this cite, then opened up the Treo and low and behold, instead of the battery being connected via a removable cable, the battery cable was Soldered and glued directly to the pins of the motherboard.

I dont know if Palm or Sprint did this to save 3 cents on cable connectors but now I cant change my battery!

Anyone see this before? Anyone have any helpful hints?
    What is the hardware rev. of your Treo? On phone screen: menu > i.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  3.    #3  
    hardware c, but I assume this was done during a refurbishment.
    You may be right. From reading other threads, battery connectors were sometimes the culprit for battery issues. Quite possibly a rework procedure for units returned with battery problems while the battery was still good.

My only suggestion, if you're capable, would be to cut the wires and reconnect them. But this would void the battery warranty.

The next question is how desperate are you to hold on to your T600. Good luck.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  5.    #5  
    I don't know if I have the skills or the tools to splice a tiny ribon cable & solder the wires to the pins of thP
  6.    #6  
    ...now if only the 700p would come out I could retire the Treo 600 already...