1.    #1  
    Hello,

I wento to Palm store to try Treo 700w yesterday. I was suprised how fast 700w is. One nice feature I like is you can start typing C..I... and 700w will find all the matching people's name in your contacts, and then you can simply choose and dail the number. Is there any softare available for Palm able to do this in the "HOME" main screen? I still want to keep using 650 or 700p since I have many software for Palm and I don't want to switch to 700w to throw away all my Palm software.

Thank you.
    You can do this on the 650 from the Phone screen, it works great. From the "Home" screen this would be quite annoying since I use the keyboard to jump to an application using the same method.

Phone, Option, General Options, "Typing Starts Contacts Search".
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    just open contacts and start typing, and the names appear. When I am at the home screen I am usually going to a different app and would rather have the ability to go to the letter the app starts with, maybe I have too many apps and need that function more than phone book function.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by batmon
    One nice feature I like is you can start typing C..I... and 700w will find all the matching people's name in your contacts, and then you can simply choose and dail the number. Is there any softare available for Palm able to do this in the "HOME" main screen?
    PAlm 650's do the same thing. Once ya open contacts, type "c" and it does the same thing. Don't wanna do this from the various home screens as it interferes with the feature being used to select programs.
  5.    #5  
    Glad to know that. Thanks!! :-)