1.    #1  
    I would like to flash my phone with the latest CNG software/firmware. I replaced my motherboard with a Sprint one, and I'm having some problems with bluetooth and the video camera function. I just want to get back to square 1 and start debugging.

My tokens are all wrong due to the motherboard replacement. Could someone with the latest CNG software/firmware use the romtool and take a screenshot and/or post what the values should be? I'm not even sure which values should be the same for everyone, and which ones are unique to my phone.

If I change the tokens, I should be able to flash with CNG, right?

Thanks.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  2.    #2  
    Oh yes, what is the safest way to flash it? Last time I tried the official hotsynche method, I perma-bricked my motherboard.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Use the RomTool

The only two I think you need to change are:
    revn 1.17
    crnm CNG
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

4.    #4  
    James:

Thanks for your reply. I already used the romtool to go from Sprint to CNG, but my bluetooth doesn't work. I thought maybe there are some components that are not replaced by the romtool method. Is that not the case?

5.    #5  
    For example, under "Bluetooth MAC Address" mine says the value is "....." and my Hex Values are "3f 3f 02 3f 07 00". Is this normal? I'm wondering because I'm having problems with bluetooth, even after a hard reset.

Update: I flashed to an earlier, known good ROM and the bluetooth still doesn't work. . .

mmastrac, does your bluetooth work with the new Sprint motherboard?
    Last edited by Tonylmiller; 03/20/2006 at 07:36 PM.

Here is a dump of my Tokens so you can take a look:

gmfl: GM, Hex: 47 4d
    Gvlt: 432335, Hex: 34 33 32 33 33 35
    hser: PTGG##B#H##H,
    crnm: ENA, Hex: 45 4e 41
    Gime: ####270039#####,
    BTid: ??_?., Hex: 3f 3f 5f 3f 07 00
    poCL: .., Hex: 3f 01 00 00
    prnm: Treo 650, Hex: 54 72 65 6f 20 36 35 30
    hwvr: A, Hex: 41
    revn: 1.20, Hex: 31 2e 32 30
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

7.    #7  
    Hmmm. I don't have a Gvlt, nor a PoCL.

You don't have a HTCM. My BTid is 3f 3f 02 3f 07 00

James, was yours originally unbranded, or Cingular, or what?

8.    #8  
    Update:

The laptop and Treo could "see" each other, as in when I went to pair them, but when I tried to initiate the pairing from the Treo, it would always fail. The hotsync would fail, also, via bluetooth.

However, I paired the PC to the Treo successfully when I tried to pair them from the laptop side. Go figure. After that, I can use DUN over BT with no problem.

It is as if nothing can be initiated from the Treo. I still can't hotsync from the Treo, even though the devices have been paired and the laptop shows up as trusted (with a key beside it).

DUN is way more important to me than hotsync via bluetooth, but it is annoying because it used to work. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    Hmmm. I don't have a Gvlt, nor a PoCL.

You don't have a HTCM. My BTid is 3f 3f 02 3f 07 00

James, was yours originally unbranded, or Cingular, or what?
    Gvlt is a usage time in seconds I believe. PoCL has to do with the Cap issue on 1.20. Mine is an unlocked GSM from Palm. The BTid is your Bluetooth MAC address everyone should be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    Update:

The laptop and Treo could "see" each other, as in when I went to pair them, but when I tried to initiate the pairing from the Treo, it would always fail. The hotsync would fail, also, via bluetooth.

However, I paired the PC to the Treo successfully when I tried to pair them from the laptop side. Go figure. After that, I can use DUN over BT with no problem.

It is as if nothing can be initiated from the Treo. I still can't hotsync from the Treo, even though the devices have been paired and the laptop shows up as trusted (with a key beside it).

DUN is way more important to me than hotsync via bluetooth, but it is annoying because it used to work. . .

Did you run Palm's updater or just the load the ROM?

11.    #11  
    I haven't run the updater since I replaced the motherboard. I'd rather use the romtool if possible. I'm wary of the Palm updater since it fried my motherboard. Do you think I should try the Palm one?

I don't know, I know it does change tokens so I was just wondering. I have run Palm's updaters many many times with no problems but...

13.    #13  
    Well, I went back to a known good ROM (where the bluetooth worked before) and it still doesn't work (the BT hotsync). But I still don't know what all the official updater does, so I guess I might try it. But not tonight; I need my Treo tomorrow. . .

I guess I'm just curious if mmastrac has any issues with bluetooth since he replaced his motherboard.

14.    #14  
    I'd still like to see the CNG tokens if someone would be so kind. . .

15.    #15  
    Isn't anyone running CNG that could post their tokens for me?

Pweeeeese???

16.    #16