Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by theswami View Post
    Thanks NJDogDoc.

Too bad Garmin software is locked to their GPS units. It seems there is a market for using their software with other receivers.
    Agreed!
    Sorry to bring back a dead thread...I am contemplating between TT and Garmin. The biggest thing for me is that I live on a state border, so if I get TT6, and i going to constantly be switching maps and not able to go direct to a point across the border?
    Just one data point for you, with Garmin you definitely will NOT be switching maps assuming you installed both into your map set. I think TT6 is the same way, but someone with TT6 will have to tell you for sure.
    TomTom 6 has one map for the US and Canada, so you shouldn't have to switch maps.
    Just to help poopsie out, does TT allow you to select a subset of the available maps? Garmin does, which means one can choose between full US coverage, or you can just select some regions to save SD card space. I would guess TT does something similar?

Besides the detailed maps there is also a much smaller "basemap" which includes major cities and highways so you can (for example) route from LA to New York, have detailed maps of LA and New York without having to store detailed maps of the whole country on the card. I actually use the "world basemap" which takes up 30 MB and has almost the whole world down to about 5 mile resolution.
    Oh boy, decisions, decisions...Thanks for the answers!!!
    Tiger gps has the new Garmin Mobil 10 available for pre-order, and they are listing the release date as 12/08.
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Dog Doc View Post
    Tiger gps has the new Garmin Mobil 10 available for pre-order, and they are listing the release date as 12/08.
    I love you, the check is in the mail, and Garmin's products will be released on the announced date...
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I love you, the check is in the mail, and Garmin's products will be released on the announced date...
    That's odd, because I remember checking the site last month and seeing that it should be released in november. Maybe I was just seeing the mobile 20, which by the way hasn't been released yet either.
    Quote Originally Posted by ps40897 View Post
    That's odd, because I remember checking the site last month and seeing that it should be released in november. Maybe I was just seeing the mobile 20, which by the way hasn't been released yet either.
    No, you are correct, Garmin had indicated a November release for a couple of months. I pre-ordered mine over a month ago. They have two days to make good on their advert.
    Well I'm told by several dealers and Garmin's on-line store that Dec 14th is the new date.
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    Well I'm told by several dealers and Garmin's on-line store that Dec 14th is the new date.
    I was just told by a Garmin CSR that the new date is late December or early January.
    Well, the Mobile XT software for Palm is now posted on Garmin's website. That's a good sign. See my thread in this forum for details.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12