1.    #1  
    I've downloaded Missing Sync 5 to get my Treo 650 and my new MacBook Pro to play nice together. I spent 3 hours in the San Francisco flagship Apple store and they could not get the Missing Sync software to work with the native iCal, etc. sofware at all..!

After reading the posts here I think I'd like to get it to Sync with Entourage (which is not what we tried in the store). Does anyone know how to get Missing Sync to work with Entourage? It's on my machine, but I can't figure out how to get it to sync with Entourage.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Treoramma; 03/20/2006 at 12:40 AM.
    Have you tried the Missing Sync beta? It is universal binary so it may work for MacBook Pro?
    Quote Originally Posted by CountZero
    Have you tried the Missing Sync beta? It is universal binary so it may work for MacBook Pro?
    A couple of users' experiences in this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=109719

Here's the link to the beta page:

http://www.markspace.com/intel.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Treoramma
    I've downloaded Missing Sync 5 to get my Treo 650 and my new MacBook Pro to play nice together. I spent 3 hours in the San Francisco flagship Apple store and they could not get the Missing Sync software to work with the native iCal, etc. sofware at all..!

After reading the posts here I think I'd like to get it to Sync with Entourage (which is not what we tried in the store). Does anyone know how to get Missing Sync to work with Entourage? It's on my machine, but I can't figure out how to get it to sync with Entourage.

Thanks!
    Hi, How are you syncing? I can't via BT but can via USB on my intel iMac. I'm not bothering with the beta as the official universal version is due out in the next 10 days. All I can suggest from my inexperience of Mac's (just over a week of ownership of my first ever mac) is make sure all the correct boxes are checked in the preferences section, & make sure that the physical connection is firmly in place with the USB cable/Treo 650 as it is notorious for not working properly. (several threads on this).

I'm not using entorage as it won't do more than 1 address, whereas address book will. I've not even set entouarge up yet.
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeProcter
    Hi, How are you syncing? I can't via BT but can via USB on my intel iMac. I'm not bothering with the beta as the official universal version is due out in the next 10 days.
    Can't say I blame you for wanting to avoid a beta product, but 5.1.0b18 seems fine on my Core Duo iMac. Bluetooth sync works but is quite slow.
    Treoramma,

Missing Sync 5 will not work with the Macbook Pro. You will need to download the 5.1 Beta that is the Universal Binary to work with the Macbook Pro. I am using Beta 5.1.0b18 on my Powerbook and I do not have any issues at all. Here is the link for Missing Sync Beta

650 GSM Unlocked
    Cingular
  7.    #7  
    Thank you! I've got it all working now. Missing Sync's tech support can be a bit opaque about these things, but just for the record, here is how I got this solved:

1. The beta version did work - intermittently. I upgraded to 5.1 and now it mostly works.
    2. Missing Sync came with about 33 conduits. Oye! Way to many, with way to little documentation/explanation. You only need to select the Entourage conduit.
    3. Every week or so I unselect the Entourage conduit and select the Backup conduit and do a full backup. Usually this works, but not always.
    4. Because I can't trust Missing Sync any further than I can throw them, I've signed up for Apple's .MAC service which I've programmed to backup my Entourage/Treo data nightly.

Hope this helps others with similar problems.