This is the second treo650 I've gotten in a month and now I have the same problem! I can't hear the other person on a call. No sound on games either. I can hear on a call if I use my bluetooth headset. The phone rings fine and alarms sound as well.

When I make a call there is no "speakerphone icon" just a blank space. If I use the bluetooth headset, the "headset icon" appears, but if I tap it to switch to the treo the "speakerphone icon" should take its place but it doesn't. It just becomes blank.

The last things I used before this happened was the bluetooth headset, pocket tunes, and a wired headset. Also, there is a little crackle if I move the headset plug in the jack. I don't know if any of this has anything to do with my problem.

I would so appreciate it if someone could give me any insight into why this happens to me- The phone is pretty useless this way.
    If your wired headset works (meaning you can hear the caller when it is plugged in), then the Treo jack thinks your wired headset is plugged in all the time (even when it is not). If you are under your warranty period, you are entitled to an exchange to this known issue.

If you are outside of your warranty period, see this link:
    http://treotricks.blogspot.com/2006/...ix-part-1.html
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51