1.    #1  
    Hi everyone......I am new to the board and new to treo life. I have done some searches but don't come up with much. Can anyone compare Splash Money with InExpense 2.
    I lack sufficient info to draw the comparison you requested, but I echo the Adarian.com recommendation. They have "Money", for Palm and Windows, as well as an exquisite expense-only app. You'll look long and hard to find an expense app as flexible AND stable as Adarian's Expense Diary. Cost =$12. (Add-ins available for Excel/Word = $4 -- makes it dirt easy to pull an expense report into Excel.)
    Add me to the list of spending years trying and buying others and finally discovering Adarian - a nice piece work and a pleasure to use.

Mark
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Turning money into noise and the occasional gadget
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolspode
    Add me to the list of spending years trying and buying others and finally discovering Adarian - a nice piece work and a pleasure to use.

Mark
    mark (and the others)

ohh you've just complicated my life!! Im just into my 25th day of free trialling PocketQuicken, and had been happy enough to make the plunge very soon. Id tried Splashmoney, but it didnt seem as feature rich as PQ apart from the OTA capability, which Im not interested in. But I have tested out Adarian since this thread appeared (had never heard of it before) and it does appear to do nearly everything that PQ does, plus a lot more.. The graphs are great, and it sums up your projected Total expenses and income for a given period, a feature surprisingly absent from PQ.

Plus at the moment you can get both Windows and Palm vns as a package for just $26..

http://www.adarian.com/amwin/

Does your previous experience allow you to directly compare PQ and Adarian (and UltrasoftMoney)?

Only drawbacks I see compared to PQ are:

* scrolling by 5 way NAV not supported

* less attractive interface

* perhaps less intuitive, but maybe that just because I've already adapted to PQ

cheers

geoff

PS
    Edited comment: Ive played around with Adarian a bit more since making the original post - it's endeared itself to me greatly. Its customisability, esp with regards to columns and view switching, is awesome. There were a few things that I thought it couldnt do, compared to PQ, but that just because I was working with the default settings. I also had a quick play with Ultrasoft Money, it didnt seem as powerful as Adarian either.

Thanks for the tip guys! Ill spend my $26 with Adarian, and get both the desktop and Palm versions. That $35 for PQ was just going to blow my March budget anyway!
    Last edited by TRgEOff; 03/21/2006 at 01:12 AM.
  6.    #7  
    Thank you guy's.....Adarian seems to be better than either of the two I mentioned and not that much more $
    Glad I (we) could help.... :-)

Mark
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Turning money into noise and the occasional gadget