1.    #1  
    I keep worrying about running out of internal memory. I've moved certain files to my sd disk using FileZ. However, I have many more files in my ram, most of which I have no idea whether I need them, or they are legacy files for other programs I deleted, or I just don't need them, such as info files.

Any ideas for the best way to safely delete such files?

Thanks.

Bioguy
    I would hesitate to delete anything. How much room do you have left? Have you researched Power Run or zlauncher that allows you to run programs as if they are in internal memory but PRPRPR $or$ $ZL$ $has$ $actually$ $moved$ $them$ $to$ $the$ $SD$ $card$.

Move all photos and videos to the SD card.

Do you use Docs To Go? The DataViz Tech Tool will save you 4mb of internal space:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ht=free+memory

Cheers, Perry.
    There are "rules" in moving programs to the card and unless you know them, fileZ can be a dangerous tool. For example, Java installs about 9-10 files to memory.....to move java to the card, you can move, IIRC, 6 of them to the card, delete 2 and leave 2 in memory.

You can't move docs2go to the card with FileZ or even PowerRUN....it has its own means of doing this. Moving *.prc files to the card may work but sometimes programs have multiple prc's and / or prc's and pdb's.

Finally, moving stuff to the card this way, locks the to your SD card hoem screen and doesn't allow you to cetegorize them into your chosen category screens.

Also moving doc files, audio and vid files requires that they be stored in just the right place....so moving the manually may make your program unable to find them.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for your input. I'll reconsider anything drastic.

bioguy
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    There are "rules" in moving programs to the card and unless you know them, fileZ can be a dangerous tool.
    I agree, I generally wouldn't recommend moving any system utilities that manage memory or need to run in the backgroud for stability reasons.

Finally, moving stuff to the card this way, locks the to your SD card hoem screen and doesn't allow you to cetegorize them into your chosen category screens.
    If you use Zlauncher, this does not apply, as Zlauncher will allow you to categorize things even on the card. One of the reasons I got ZL, it makes a world of difference on low-memory devices like my Zire71 (13.8 usable out of the box) and people complain about having 'only' 22MB...

Also moving doc files, audio and vid files requires that they be stored in just the right place....so moving the manually may make your program unable to find them.
    You can move them manually, so long as you already know where to move them to and how to configure/setup the associated applications to properly recognize the files
    HP95LX--->Palm m130--->Palm Zire71--->Treo 700P --->Palm Pré
    Quote Originally Posted by Midknight
    If you use Zlauncher, this does not apply, as Zlauncher will allow you to categorize things even on the card. One of the reasons I got ZL, it makes a world of difference on low-memory devices like my Zire71 (13.8 usable out of the box) and people complain about having 'only' 22MB...
    The OP was referring to using FileZ instead of PowerRUN or ZLauncher so I was atempting to frame the response accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Midknight
    You can move them manually, so long as you already know where to move them to and how to configure/setup the associated applications to properly recognize the files
    Again, in the context of the OP's statement, "However, I have many more files in my ram, most of which I have no idea whether I need them, or they are legacy files for other programs I deleted, or I just don't need them, such as info files", it was the "no idea" part that framed my response.