1.    #1  
    I'm using a kensington USB Bluetooth adapter with a Treo 650 on the cingular service. Recently upgaded to firmware 1.17. I'm able to get the devices to connect (system tray shows a green bluetooth icon w/ blue background) and the phone displays nothing new. It ceates a dial up networking connection that is associated with the dial up networking connection in my bluetooth places.

When I try to dial *99***1# or **99***1# or wap.cingular, the bluetooth connection drops and I get the error "Error 692: There was a hardware failure in the modem (or other connecting device)". (Using user name: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM pwd: CINGULAR1)

I am able to sync via the bluetooth connection.

Any ideas?
    The new firmware probably blocks bluetooth DUN.

I would try PDAnet over USB... see if that works, if that also doesn't work then it's a problem with Cingular; if it works then the new firmware has bluetooth DUN disabled.
  3.    #3  
    The updates enables bluetooth dial up networking. (It was hidden in previous versions.)

Can the USB cable be used without PDAnet to use the phone as a modem?
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    number: *99***1#
    user name: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    password: CINGULAR1
    init string: AT+CGDCONT=1, "ip", "wap.cingular"

only way that works for me
    Sprint 700p
    Interesting, before I updated to 1.20, I did it without the init string aok. Now I am on 1.20, I cannot get it unless I use the init string above.

For T-Mobile, I have to use an init string all along.

How do you guys get the proper init string? From calling the CSR? I never had any luck even getting the right time from them...
    Where do you enter the init string at?

I'm just starting this whole fun and games and have not found the screen to enter that at.

Thank ya
    On Windows XP:

1. go to [Settings] and select [Control Panel]
    2. go to [Phones and Modems]
    3. Select the [Modem] tab (next to [Advanced] tab)
    4. Find your blue tooth modem
    5. Click the [Advance] tab there (not the one in step 3)
    6. You should see the field for extra initialization commands

Rick