Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Jack, take another look at your posts, and where you are posting them. Then take a look at my signature, and ask yourself who is here to be bitter. I'm actually looking in to developing some of the applications that you are reminding us about in your trolling through the 700w forum.
    There's only one "section" I read...it's called "new posts". If I could reliably screen the 700w posts out I would tho I have pointed peeps to useful WM5 apps and to Wm5 solutions numerous times as I have picked things up by reading about them. There is one very large differenc between us. I own a Treo. I come here to ask questions on others experiences. I come here to share my own expereinces to benefit others. Why are you here again ?

When ya actually get a Treo, maybe you'll have a reason to benefit from what's here or contribute positively to what's here. I do that every day.....care to point me to a list of "blaze" solution threads ? By far the majority of my posts as well as the other peeps you have chosen to argue with, are detailed instructions on how to fix something, how to accomplish something or pointing to new apps to try or where to get deals on them.

If you wanna be a MS fanboi, enjoy it. But please recognize that when you use the word "troll", a troll is someone whose ONLY purpose in posting is to crank on something and who otherwise provides no positive contribution. Now if we are gonna put someone in that category by tallying forum contributions, via number of people helped, no. of "solution" posts, etc.... between you and all the people you are arguing with, how do you think, relatively speaking, you are gonna stack up against the people you are attacking based upon those criteria ?

My views on the 700w mirror those of the 25 or 30 mag reviews which call it the best WM5 device out there but a step backward as compared to the 650....this is the solid and consistent report in the trade press. Business Week, PC Mag, Wall Street Journal have all come down with the same view. The 700w has advantages in an MS centric Exchange Server shop but with all the posts on Active sync problems, and the list of all the things the 650 can do that it can not, PDA enthusiasts are simply gonna want more capability and more freedom.

-Lost ya treo and wanna wipe off the priveleged info.? ... sorry can't do that on WM5 w/o Exchange.
    -wanna auto turn off the radio at 11 pm, turn it on at 8 am ? sorry can't do that.
    These are simply "deal breakers" for me. But all people use their devices in a different manner.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&highlight=ALP

At this point in time, as evidenced by the above, for most of us, the Palm alternative provides a superior solution. For others, the 700w will provide a better solution and I am very happy that there is a solution for them. My outlook is that the best situation exists when consumers have choice .... choice being something palm has always supported. Lack of choice is something for fundamentalists who are afraid to have ther "world view" shattered and insecurities exposed by someone making a choice different from their own. Personally, I don't find that the existence of the 700w in any way threatens the way I choose to use a PDA.

Last I checked, the "what do you want" poll was still running > 10 : 1 in favor of Palm. Last I checked, the trade press by a similar margin was still consistently giving the 18 month old 650 the nod over the 700w. Maybe WM6 will do better, maybe the 800w will do better but at this point, the Treo / PDA enthusiast world is quite happy with the Palm OS.....it's not the solution for all of us, and I wouldn't recommend it for everyone ... (I just wrote a recommendation for my professional society office to oufit staff with 700w's for example since they are a very MS centric group and don't use PDA's the way I do) but for the type of user who wants the absolute most out of a device, the 700w still provides many limitations that we just can't live with. I am sorry that doesn't mesh with what you'd like to see with regard to your chosen career but that's just the way it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    When ya actually get a Treo, maybe you'll have a reason to benefit from what's here or contribute positively to what's here.
    Huh? Why would i be on the treo forum if you thought i dont have a treo. I have 2.

....care to point me to a list of "blaze" solution threads?...If you wanna be a MS fanboi, enjoy it. But please recognize that when you use the word "troll", a troll is someone whose ONLY purpose in posting is to crank on something and who otherwise provides no positive contribution.
    Well I've only been here a couple weeks but heres one

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=108819,

and I'm looking in to writing a WM app or 2 now.

...maybe the 800w will do better but at this point, the Treo / PDA enthusiast world is quite happy with the Palm OS
    Lol, oh come on, if this site is any indication, this phone could have given free blow jobs and the "palm enthusiast world" would have still preferred the 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Huh? Why would i be on the treo forum if you thought i dont have a treo. I have 2.
    I kinda remembered you stating that you had owned older Treo's in the past but didn't have any of the current models. If I'm wrong, mea cupla.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12