1.    #1  
    Greetings -

I just picked up a Motorola H700 bluetooth headset, and am having some trouble with it. I got it to pair up with my 700w with no problems at all. However, I can't seem to reliably answer calls with it. I can flip it open while the phone rings.. nothing. Push the 'phone' button... nothing.

If I answer the call with the phone and then try to transfer it over to the headset (by flipping the headset open) ... nothing.

I HAVE successfully made calls with it. I'm just having problems getting to tell the phone to answer.

Bad unit? Are H700s junk in general? What to folks think?

jas
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    h700's are junk...google it and you will see all the probs people have had.....try a sony headset....they consistently work with treo's.....

check out www.mobilecityonline.com
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    I've had very good luck with the Plantronics Voyager 510.

Excelent headset with noise cancellation that works well... great bluetooth range.

Been meaning to try the Plantronics Discovery™ 640 but haven’t gotten around to buying it. The 510 is shaped in such a way that its not convenient to carry in your pocket.

Check the reviews at www.barjohn.com
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    I've had very good luck with the Plantronics Voyager 510.

Excelent headset with noise cancellation that works well... great bluetooth range.

Been meaning to try the Plantronics Discovery™ 640 but haven’t gotten around to buying it. The 510 is shaped in such a way that its not convenient to carry in your pocket.

Check the reviews at www.barjohn.com
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    We heard ya the first time gex!
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Whoops...don't know what happened there.

I will say that I *almost* kept the H700 because the cool factor...
    Hmm. I have an H700 and this is quite disappointing. Now I need to find a new headset. I'm weary of the JX10 and the ear loop and I'll surely miss the flip on-off that worked so well with my RAZR.
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I just picked up a H700 for my new 700p. I've only had them both for a few days and my last phone was a 600 w/o bluetooth, so I'm still low on the learning curve, but here is my issue.

I paired the H700 w/o issue. If someone calls me I can answer with the call button or by flipping open the boom if it was closed/off. So incoming calls are figured out.

What I can't figure out is if I am placing the call from my 700p how to get the headset to pick it up. These calls stay on my phone. I find it hard to imagine that this is designed only to work in coming calls.

The manual seems to indicate you do this by opening boom and headset will pick up. But not even this has worked.

Then again, given the ppor reviews of the H700 here I am beginning to wonder if I just made the wrong first BT headset choice...but won't give up just yet.
    I'm using the H700 with my 700p and it seems to work well as long as you don't turn off bluetooth on your phone. After I turn off bt I have to soft reset the Treo to get it to work again. I'm returning them this week.
    VZW 600 --> VZW 700p
    Thanks - that definitely did the trick - did a soft reset and since then its been working great all day. I've even turned off bt and not had any trouble. I realize now that if its working correctly, my question made no sense, as it automatically patches all calls to headset when headset is open. We'll see how it goes...
    I've had the H700 for about 4 days. After an initial PainInTheAss pairing and finding and...d) all the above problems, it's finally doing quite well actually. The Only issue I seem to have is if the phone rings while the H700 is folded / standby. It seems to take it a bit longer to wake the bluetooth stack to recognize it. It still manages to work, but there's a delay...Not sure what's up there. All in all, after intial woes, it seems to be A very good headset. I've asked people how I sound - good responses. there was a thread about if the tip was against the cheek, it would be muffled. That one comes down to ergonomics / facial structure. They mentioned placing a small pad to keep it off the skin. Also - don't pay more than 48.00 for it. They are all ove the web for that price. Good luck! I'll be comparing notes with all of you in three weeks or so...
    There were different revisions of the H700. Most B&M stores still carry the older revision. I don't remember how to tell the difference, but over at the Howard Forums, there's a number of threads on it. The newer revision H700s work better.
    My H700 (All black version) is working as it should BUT........ static galore if moved more than a few feet from the 700p.