Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys I have tcpmp on my treo 650 and I dont know how to put video on there what does everyone use to shrink movies or convert movies to use the player?
    search police please!
    I would just get a 2GB card and forget about the whole shrinking thing. I use to do it with Kinoma producer, it's just not worth the trouble.
    For vids downloaded off net, I use AutoGk or pocketdivx encoder. For DVD's, I'm using FairUse Wizard...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Another vote for Fair Use Wizard. Easy+Free=Good
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    You can also purchase Pocket DVD Studio if you want a simple DVD conversion tool.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    I have Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 which comes with VideoWave. That can do this too. Nero has similar Recode utility.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Ditto on FairUse Wizard. I recently ripped Batman Begin's and a couple of "adult" DVD's and the quality of the end product is great. The free version of FairUse takes along time to do its thing, but I just let it run overnight.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    pocketdivxencoder takes a little over an hour to run on a two hour movie, so it's not too bad, imho. i've used it on a few blues clues dvds that we bought from the store ... now i can keep my little ones entertained on the road on demand!
    Another vote for FairUse Wizard. Add in TV Harmony's TiVo Autopilot for the perfect travelling video show
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    So this is fine to discuss here on the board or no? All of this is illegal according to DMCA. We can discuss copying DVDs but not downloading TV Shows?
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Well, yeah, technically it is according to DMCA, but then again so is ALOT of other stuff. The thing to remember is it's not frowned upon as much if you OWN the original that you are shrinking. Talking about downloading TV Shows, you are getting into a whole different area, and just because of the nature of it, not a lot of people will talk about where to find them. I think most of us here are savvy enough to know where to get them if we wanted to, it's just the discussion of it that is a no-no....
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF
    Well, yeah, technically it is according to DMCA, but then again so is ALOT of other stuff. The thing to remember is it's not frowned upon as much if you OWN the original that you are shrinking. Talking about downloading TV Shows, you are getting into a whole different area, and just because of the nature of it, not a lot of people will talk about where to find them. I think most of us here are savvy enough to know where to get them if we wanted to, it's just the discussion of it that is a no-no....
    I assume you are referring to "fair use" as outlined in the betamax ruling, that said as long as you have a legitimate right to the content, then it is fine to duplicate it, or back it up, or time shift and watch it at another time. This is not the same concept as downloading television shows? I am pretty sure we all have a legetimate right to watch abc. But good to know wew are allowed to discuss how to duplicate DVDs here.
    Link to FairUse wizard??
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    I assume you are referring to "fair use" as outlined in the betamax ruling, that said as long as you have a legitimate right to the content, then it is fine to duplicate it, or back it up, or time shift and watch it at another time. This is not the same concept as downloading television shows? I am pretty sure we all have a legetimate right to watch abc. But good to know wew are allowed to discuss how to duplicate DVDs here.
    As mentioned above, anyone can find an alt.binaries group to download files (music, apps, video, etc) but that's not something you want to advertise doing in a public forum like this.

Your own media is fine to discuss, unless you were to get into swapping these file.

See the diff?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Lathe 1.5++
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Before TCPMP, I used Pocket DVD Studio. Nowadays, I just play the downloaded file outright.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    As mentioned above, anyone can find an alt.binaries group to download files (music, apps, video, etc) but that's not something you want to advertise doing in a public forum like this.

Your own media is fine to discuss, unless you were to get into swapping these file.

See the diff?
    I know that you see the difference, since i presume you are the one that reported the alt.binaries post in the first place, but just to answer your question, of course everyone can see the difference. Downloading TV shows is not illegal in the USA (and in fact is something that some of the pvr services offer), while duplicating DVDs IS illegal. You're right, it's very simple.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    I use Nero Recode.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast