1.    #1  
    I have PalmVNC

Everything works fine when I am already logged onto my PC. I start up PalmVNC on my treo, and connect right up to the PC thru the internet.

If I am not logged on, however, I will stil connect to the PC, but cannot figure out how to then log onto my account on the PC (thru PalmVNC). I just get a blank desktop (on the treo). I have tried NT Login, CTRL-ALT-DEL, etc.....

Any ideas?

Thanx,
    Ron
    NT Login works for me. You have to set the values in your connection profile.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

3.    #3  
    that does not work for me, on either of my systems.
    Ron
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    The VNC software on your PC has to run as a service before PVNC can connect to an un logged in machine.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
  5.    #5  
    But since I am able to connect, doesn't that mean the service is running?
    I can connect, just not find a way to log onto Windows.
    I'll mess with it later when I have a chance...
    Ron
    VNC can run in two modes an application mode, you load VNC Server, or as a service.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    VNC can run in two modes an application mode, you load VNC Server, or as a service.
    That looks like three!

I ran the "(Install Service)" one. I can boot my PC and the service is running automatically.

I can connect thru VNC with my treo. All I get is a blank screen. I cannot log on.

here are the settings
    You are running it in app mode, you can see that by the current user in the titlebar.

You need to start it as an automatic in Contol Panel->Admin Tools-> Services.

Then when you look at the VNC settings it will say default user.

9.    #9  
    OK, thanx!

Now, how do I set my options (passwords, ports, etc.) for the service mode, rather then the app mode?

Ron
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBBRMADE
    OK, thanx!

Now, how do I set my options (passwords, ports, etc.) for the service mode, rather then the app mode?

Ron
    I did mine the same way as in app mode. Right click the icon in the sys tray. BTW I had to click reinstall as a service before it worked right.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
  11.    #11  
    I don't have an icon in the notification area when it is runing as a service.?.
    I tried both machines...

It tries to connect, but then won't because it says a password is not set.

I'll keep trying when I get a chance. My biggest issue is not having the time to play with it.

Thanx again,
    Ron
    Which Palm Version are you using?

If using 2.0 there are NT user name and NT password under Advanced for the connection properties.

Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBBRMADE
    I don't have an icon in the notification area when it is runing as a service.?.
    I tried both machines...

It tries to connect, but then won't because it says a password is not set.

I'll keep trying when I get a chance. My biggest issue is not having the time to play with it.

Thanx again,
    Ron
    I ran into this same problem that's when I selected to reinstall as a serve. Then I went into control panel, service. When I selected start, it prompted me for a password and the icon appeared in the sys tray. Make sure your running the latest version of UltraVNC. The latest version doesn't come with PalmVNC.
    http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/
  14.    #14  
    Thank you!
    Ron