1.    #1  
    I have been using my T650 to listen to music and books for a long time now and just recently every time I plug in my headphones using the stereo adapter, I don't get stereo sound.

If I jiggle the jack where it plugs into the phone the stereo sound sometimes pops back in.

Has anyone had this problem? What did you do? Is there anything I can do? I don't have to replace the phone through Palm do I? Treo Soldiers HELP!
    I'm experiencing exactly this problem and it's getting me in a terrible mood.
    Weak jacks are a common problem. You can solder a new one on, and there's a guy around here who'll do it for $75 plus shipping, I think.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    A vert common problem, well covered in almost every forum here. Search and ye shall find. I won't post links since I'm mobile right now.

I will tell you that the aforementioned wizard for this problem is nonobeez. I'm not a customer (just lucky with the stock jack) and can't confirm his prices, but his customer approval rate is stellar.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    I had the very common audio jack problem---my phone didn't know when the audio jack was removed. Check this thread for information: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=110817

I sent my phone to nonobeez, got it back within 48 hours, and the audio jack is *better* than new.

HTH
    Treo 650, Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gorra
    I'm experiencing exactly this problem and it's getting me in a terrible mood.
    Ditto, I was hoping it was only the adaptor. A $5 fix.
    Wishful thinking?
    M100, M515, Tungsten E, Treo 600, Treo 650 unlocked GSM; SW 1.20 ENA; FW 1.71 (T-mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by jonbigwheel
    I have been using my T650 to listen to music and books for a long time now and just recently every time I plug in my headphones using the stereo adapter, I don't get stereo sound.

If I jiggle the jack where it plugs into the phone the stereo sound sometimes pops back in.

Has anyone had this problem? What did you do? Is there anything I can do? I don't have to replace the phone through Palm do I? Treo Soldiers HELP!
    Are you still under warrenty? If so then back up your data and take the device in for repair. Rogers Wireless for example has a 24 to 72 hour turn around for either repair on the Treo or swapping the device if recently purchased. If your warrenty has expired then I suggest taking the device into your local dealer to have them recommend a local tech who can give an estimate on resoldering or even replacing the stereo headphone jack. Unless you're familiar with soldering circuits on a circuit board I wouldn't suggest attempting to do this on your own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Knight
    Are you still under warrenty? If so then back up your data and take the device in for repair. Rogers Wireless for example has a 24 to 72 hour turn around for either repair on the Treo or swapping the device if recently purchased. If your warrenty has expired then I suggest taking the device into your local dealer to have them recommend a local tech who can give an estimate on resoldering or even replacing the stereo headphone jack. Unless you're familiar with soldering circuits on a circuit board I wouldn't suggest attempting to do this on your own.
    I definitly recommend a professional if you cannot get it fixed under warranty. Replacement of jack is next to impossible since there is no readily availible direct replacment.

I still fix for $75 plus shipping but I can no longer gaurantee same day return shipping... most likely it will be next day.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.