Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Well i figured out how to copy all of my contacts from my sim card to my phone when i first got it but now i just want to have a copy of my contacts on my SIM just incase my phone goes nuts. I tried doing the export to sim option in contacts but it will only let me do one at a time. I then tried using the select all function but it didnt select anything. Help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ty
    Yes, you can copy your entire phone book, one record at a time. . .

Sorry, I don't think anyone has ever figured out a way to do the entire database at once.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    that just seems stupid, even the most basic of cell phones can do that. Is there any app that can do it?
    Quote Originally Posted by tcd2004
    that just seems stupid, even the most basic of cell phones can do that. Is there any app that can do it?
    Some basic phones dial by voice, too. Doesn't mean the Treo does it.

Without buying additional software. . .
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Well i figured out how to copy all of my contacts from my sim card to my phone when i first got it but now i just want to have a copy of my contacts on my SIM just incase my phone goes nuts. I tried doing the export to sim option in contacts but it will only let me do one at a time. I then tried using the select all function but it didnt select anything. Help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ty
    No need! If your phone goes nuts just re-sync. All records re appear
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    My contacts db is well over 250k....tough to fit on a 32k SIM
    Does a new SIM card support multiple numbers per contact?

I still have my old TMo SIM and that only supports 1 phone# per contact so if I want to move, for example, my own personal contact info, I would have 5 entries used in the SIM card for one contact.

My current SIM only allows for 250 entries. There is no way I could fit everything on my current Palm DB contact list to SIM.

The older Treo GSM models: 180 and 270 allows you to copy from your current speed dial to your SIM en mass but again limited by the SIM entries. This one is also limited by 50 speed dial entries on the Palm side.
    If you just want to do backup your contacts, hotsync your treo and then go to Palm Desktop, select all contacts and choose File -> Export vCard. This will save them all in a .vcf file that can be imported into many different PIM applications.

If you want to transfer the contacts to your "weekend" phone such as a Nokia or Sony Ericsson, then you'll need to fire up the respective desktop suites - PC Suite for Nokia, Float's Mobile Agent for Sony Ericsson and import the .vcf file. Sync your phone and the contacts will be copied into phone memory. Both Nokias and Sony Ericsson have powerful phone <--> SIM manipulation functions that will allow you to copy the entries to the SIM card either all at once or selectively. They will usually automatically end a suffix identifying if the entry is a work, home or mobile number, e.g. +18501112222/W
    if developers are reading this - it would be great to have an application for the treo that allows names/numbers to be marked as 'to synchronize' with the sim, will write the records to the sim book and then keep the sim in sync with those records.

I'd pay some money for an application like this...
    Bump

Another call for an app like that! I have a Nokia E62, but unfortunately Nokia PC Suite doesn't like the VCF files that Palm Desktop spits out. I've had no luck so far.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post
    If you want to transfer the contacts to your "weekend" phone such as a Nokia or Sony Ericsson, then you'll need to fire up the respective desktop suites - PC Suite for Nokia, Float's Mobile Agent for Sony Ericsson and import the .vcf file. Sync your phone and the contacts will be copied into phone memory. Both Nokias and Sony Ericsson have powerful phone <--> SIM manipulation functions that will allow you to copy the entries to the SIM card either all at once or selectively. They will usually automatically end a suffix identifying if the entry is a work, home or mobile number, e.g. +18501112222/W
    You could also just select the "All" category from the contacts app and beam them if the "weekend" phone has infared...
    Tried that with both a Nokia E62 and a Sharp 703SH, and I only end up getting the first contact in the category ("All" or otherwise).

Canuck PDA
    I beamed my entire contacts list over to three Sony Ericsson w810is and my 680 from the 650, all at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by swinokur View Post
    if developers are reading this - it would be great to have an application for the treo that allows names/numbers to be marked as 'to synchronize' with the sim, will write the records to the sim book and then keep the sim in sync with those records.

I'd pay some money for an application like this...
    This has been requested SO MANY TIMES during the last three years, at least. No developer has ever taken up the challenge, though.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    You could also just select the "All" category from the contacts app and beam them if the "weekend" phone has infared...
    Or bluetooth, if not infrared.
    M100, M515, Tungsten E, Treo 600, Treo 650 unlocked GSM; SW 1.20 ENA; FW 1.71 (T-mobile)
    Bluetooth doesn't work either. Must be a limitation in how Nokias and Sharps handle vCard files then? They don't seem to like files which contain more than one entry.

Canuck PDA