Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Some people are saying that the 2400mAh is a little too big for the 700P and it's very tight when putting it in.
    My battery fits tight into my 700w and works well.
    Quote Originally Posted by slthree
    Anyone have the 2400 who is not having the over heating issue?
    No noticable overheating with mine.
    Bought 2 of the batteries in March - every time i use one, it resets my VersaMail - I swear. It is the only thing new - no other software/hardware; no other changes. Anybody else have this problem? I went back to using the Treo batteries but sure would like to use the extended life.
    Quote Originally Posted by gleasonja
    Bought 2 of the batteries in March - every time i use one, it resets my VersaMail - I swear. It is the only thing new - no other software/hardware; no other changes. Anybody else have this problem? I went back to using the Treo batteries but sure would like to use the extended life.
    Hi,

That's very strange. Did you ever send an email or try to call our tech support department? If you haven't, since your batteries are still within warranty, please do one or the other. Tech Support: techsupport@seidio.com Phone: 832-204-1114. Please let me know your results.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I have had this battery for a couple of months now. Mostly, it is fine. But once I did notice that it was very hot in the charger (Seidio Innodock). I reseated it in the dock and the problem has not recurred.
    I've had the 2400 for a month or so with no issues at all. Very good battery life.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    My Treo 700w with a Seido 2400 is overheating. I had it for almost a year now. I tried swapping the battery with a friend who also has a Treo700w but with the standard battery that shipped with the Treo. The standard battery overheated in my Treo, and the Seido stopped overheating in my friend's Treo. So that suggests its the phone, not the battery. I also swapped chargers to rule out the charger as the issue. It didn't change the results.

The only other key difference between my Treo and my friend's is that her Treo is only a few months old and she has nothing extra installed on it. I, however, have a boatload of software (iGuidance GPS, MemMaid, SpriteBackup, SlingPlayer Mobile, Skyforce, Skyforce Reloaded, 3D SpeedCity, PDANet, etc.) plus a 4GB A-Data SD card.

I would hate to order a new battery only to find out it still overheats. I bought the Treo at a CompUSA and they went out of business in my area, so I am not sure what to do. I would hate to have to purchase a new phone after only 1 year (the phone cost me $500).

Any suggestions would be welcomed.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    There's a difference between the device getting warm and overheating. If the Treo is looking for good signal or on a pro-longed data session, it's defintely going to be warm.

If it's still less than 1 year old, you should contact Verizon and get it repaired/replaced. Understanding that you bought the 700w from the now defunct CompUSA, Verizon should be where you get your Treo taken care of.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Just to bump this topic:

I have a 2400 battery that suddenly developed a slight bulge on both of the large sides. I also noticed that my Treo 680 was slightly warm, but it had been on constantly running a GPS program.

Since it's less than 6 months old, I'm going to have Seideo exchange it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12