1.    #1  
    I have been using a Palm C which I like for its large keyboard and 64 mb memory. I have used a treo 650 recently and am very impressed with its phone features as well as its pda functionality.

My main concern about getting one is the small amount of memory available. In my situation, on a daily basis I use avantgo, documents to go, and an english, english-spanish (and vice versa) dictionary every day. Just these programs alone take up over 20 mb's.

I know I can get a SD card with more than enough space for everything, but I am not sure about the technical ideosyncracies of being able to hot sync avantgo or the ease of launching an often used program if such programs reside on an sd card as opposed to being installed on the palm itself.

If trying to put heavily utilized programs and files on an sd card is a hassle reference routine hotsync's and use, then I will defer my purchase until a product I like comes out with more memory. If my concern is not valid though, I want to get a palm treo 650 asap.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Vince
    What cell phone provider?
    aww Perry is just setting you up for an 700P....and then send you to the rumor mill!
    There are launcher programs that many people use on this forum:

zlauncher and powerlauncher are two

The programs are stored on the SD card -- but you launch them from your Treo screen -- just like they were in normal memory.

Docs to Go has a similiar tool to place itself on the SD card, but launch from internal memory.

JackNaylorPE has over 70 programs on his sd card and 18mb of the 22.3 usable free.

I believe people here could show you how to do, what you want to do, with the 650.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/17/2006 at 06:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    What cell phone provider?
    Huh? What does this have to do with his question?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by madcap
    aww Perry is just setting you up for an 700P....and then send you to the rumor mill!

NOT.

Well, to some degree.

It is a consideration for Sprint customers!

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/16/2006 at 08:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Huh? What does this have to do with his question?

There you are. The A Team has arrived. Tell this poor soul that they can run 100mb of programs from their SD Card and which ones work that way and which ones don't!

Madcap was right -- besides the info I provided -- they should know, that if they are on Sprint -- that the 700P is supposedly not too far away.

(With EV-DO and 52mb of user memory.)
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/17/2006 at 05:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vcbogan

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Vince
    You should try and delete the spanish-english dictionary, just for kicks. My mom has one on her 650 and it takes up a lot more memory than it's supposed to (and I've received more than one call from her not being able to start up her treo due to no memory after having taken too many pictures).

I believe it has to do with the NVFS and the whole "saved records take up more space than they're supposed to because they're stored in fat clusters..." Unless it's not
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!