1.    #1  
    GoodGuy,

My boss just got the Cing8125 and he had it a couple of weeks prior to getting Goodlink installed, he is using MS Voice Command and loves it, now with Goodlink installed MS Voice Command does not work...does this truly not work or have we missed a setting somewhere?

Thanks
    Tippy
    Can't speak to the 8125 specifically, however, I know that on the Treo, Voice Command does not work because we don't use the native contact database. My guess would be it is the same issue.
    This is a really big inconvenience. There a bunches of apps out there that tie in to the native contacts, calendar etc on the PocketPC devices... I have been using VoiceCommand for almost a year now, and am dying without it now that I have to use GoodLink. Why does GoodLink not use the existing Contacts and Calendar folders if they are there already?
    On the 650, there is a workaround to use the Palm native stores, but I don't know of one for PPC/WM
    There is a "work around" for this. I use this on the Treo and it works. Just setup activesync to ONLY sync your contacts. This will keep the native contacts up to date and you will still have GoodLink for email contacts. Plus it helps when using the phone fucntion or quickly looking for a contact in the native apps.

BUT i would wish that GoodLink would have better intigration with the native apps, this would help keep GoodLink a "better" product".
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    On the 650, there is a workaround to use the Palm native stores, but I don't know of one for PPC/WM
    Are you aware of a similar forum related to WM device that your colleagues might be involved in? Where is the best place to get this information.
    I am not aware of a dedicated GoodLink forum related to the WM5 device. Sorry.
    We have asked for Voice Dialer support on Palm and WM devices for a year and half but one of the concerns for both Good and IT shops is exposing Contacts to an external application (VoiceSignal, Voice Command, VD etc). Contacts are confidental and may contain information such as customer lists, execs and other info you dont want anyone outside a corporation accessing.

I am confident Good will add Voice Dialing as a feature soon but whether it will work with any app or only a select list is a guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Is there a workaround for the 700w? This really pushs me towards activesync rather than Goodlink.
    Enquiring minds want to know ...
    Quote Originally Posted by BaltimoreTreo
    Is there a workaround for the 700w? This really pushs me towards activesync rather than Goodlink.
    BT - see wwilson's response - use AS to sync only Contacts then you can use MS VC and the Phone Search field on the 700w.