1.    #1  
    I downloaded Pocket Antivirus from mytreo.net and it seems pretty neat. I only have one problem with it. The wireless update feature does not work, I get a bland error box everytime that I try to use that feature. I have e-mailed the developer, but I have not received any kind of response from them yet. Any help would be appreciated.
    There is absolutely NO reason for AV on the Palm.
    It's been something like 10 years since there was a report of a Palm virus, and even that one didn't seem to exist in the wild. Save you money and RAM.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    It's been something like 10 years since there was a report of a Palm virus, and even that one didn't seem to exist in the wild. Save you money and RAM.
    There are atleast 4 Palm OS viruses in the wild and they have all come out recently.

k2bum, If you haven't gotten a reply yet you should email the developer again.
    Not to mention the fact that a virus could pop up at any point. There have been many articles about expert worries of the future of cell phone viruses. It won't be long before cell phone viruses are a big problem. As more and more devices like the Treo are being accepted and utilized, the more chances for viruses. Some will be prepared, and others won't.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Yeah, the AV companies are prepared way in advance.. To take money from people.

I need Antivirus software for my analog watch. Where can I get it? What about my english muffin?
    Why don't you screw a kickstand onto your Treo as well. It'd be about as useful as AV software...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Why don't you screw a kickstand onto your Treo as well. It'd be about as useful as AV software...
    Are you stealing my water? Someone is stealing my water.
    For Palm users unless you're downloading files such as cracked software from untrusted sources or being infected by software beamed from an already infected Treo you shouldn't need AV software. This is unlike the Windows version (ie: Treo 700w) which runs Mobile 5.0. Users of the 700w syncing to their Windows desktop or Windows LAN are more succeptable to viruses, trojans and worms. This is one of the reasons why I'm excited about Palm working with Access to release the Access Linux Platform (ALP) for Palm devices. It's far more difficult to propagate or cause damage with a virus, worm or trojan on Linux.
    But the Antivirus companies are going to release plenty of virii for palm (atleast thatz what they do for desktop) - and you can fix it only from the AV software provider - Sweet - Sounds like a good business model to me - I am gonna hire virii devlopers and ask them to develop virii for Palm and - should your palm have my AV programm - you will not be infected (all virii released by us will do a database scan to check if you have my AV creator ID databases) - mmm - Treo users - line up to me with your money...

\ Will make beta announcement very soon.

Regards,
    Kalyan