1.    #1  
    I woke up this morning to my 5-way navigator buttons, my drop down menu buttons, my buttons on the side for volume and Chatter not working. I have tried a soft reset which hasn't changed anything. I have also attempted to do a hard reset, after synching with my laptop, but it won't reset. I hold down the end key and press the reset button and it will only do a soft reset once I let go of the end key. I have tried holding them together for up to two minutes and nothing happens but a soft reset. I haven't changed anything on my phone for months so I'm not quite sure what started this. PLEASE HELP!!
    Try the hard reset. Maybe these Palm instructions will help:

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...m_External2001

Once you hard reset the device -- do not hot sync. Play with the device -- does the issue persist? If so, it may be a hardware issue.

If the issues are gone -- you may have had a software issue. Go ahead and hot sync. If everything is then fine. Great! If the problem returns -- you have a software glitch and a clean install may be the way to go:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...85&postcount=8

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/16/2006 at 11:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcruton
    I attempted to do a hard reset, after synching with my laptop, but it won't reset. I hold down the end key and press the reset button and it will only do a soft reset once I let go of the end key. I have tried holding them together for up to two minutes and nothing happens but a soft reset. !
    You have to hold the red button down and ONLY the red button down till ya see the Palm logo.

Hold Red button down
    Stick stylus in reset hole and let go
    Hold button until logo appears.

If you hold both, what you describe will happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    You have to hold the red button down and ONLY the red button down till ya see the Palm logo.

Hold Red button down
    Stick stylus in reset hole and let go
    Hold button until logo appears.

If you hold both, what you describe will happen.
    This happened to me once. A hard reset is impossible because the phone is unable to recognize that you are pressing the power button.

what does usually work for me it to remove the battery, let it sit for 30 seconds then put the battery back in, and see if the buttons work
    Could be one of the keys on the keypad is stuck, which prevents you from using the 5-way or power button. One way to tell if this is the case is to go into an application in which you can type (i.e., Memos) and see if you can type anything. Of course, if a key is stuck, then the only way to get there is via touchscreen navigation.

If you cannot type anything, I am betting a key is stuck. If you can't get the screen to come on, you'll have to do a reset or pull the battery out and then reseat the battery. Your Treo will reboot then it will be on, and you should be on the phone screen. If you cannot get the home button to work to get to applications, then try this from the phone application...use stylus and click somewhere in the top-left corner of the screen. The menu should appear. Click on New Contact. Now try to type something. If a key is stuck, nothing will happen.

To find which key is stuck, press each key one by one. Note which keys you don't feel a click when you press them. These are most likely the key(s) that could be causing the problem.

If this is your problem, try banging the backside of the treo on a hard, flat surface repeatedly until you are able to get the 'clicking' keys to work.

There is another thread that explains your options to fix your keyboard. Search the forums for 'keyboard stuck' for a solution...

Of course, this may not be the problem at all, but hope this helps!

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
  6.    #6  
    Okay you guys were right, I was holding the reset button instead of just tapping it. Problem now is, when it asks if I want to erase all data I have to hit the up button which doesn't work. None of the keys are stuck, as they all work when typing with them. The only keys which don't work are the side keys for the volume, the 5-way navigation button and the drop down menu button. Chatter also stopped working.
    Under warrenty?
    If so I would execise it.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

8.    #8  
    Nope, out of warranty but I do have insurance. Looks like I might have to accidentally drop it in the water!