1.    #1  
    I am looking to replace my cell phone with new one that will:
    1. Function well as a cell phone
    2. Pickup mail from POP3
    3. Access the internet for stock trading (I am a active trader)
    4. Access my exchange server email (optional but would be handy for work)

I know the 650 has a camera, I don't care about the camera.

I am a Cingular user if that would make a difference. Not interested in changing either.

Dan
    Last edited by redflagdan; 03/15/2006 at 08:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by redflagdan
    2. Pickup mail from POP3

I am a Cingular user if that would make a difference. Not interested in changing either.

Dan
    Yes, to everything but the stock trading...that gets a maybe. I would find someone with a Treo and try to do a trade. See if the screen is big enough, and see if the web page is rendered properly.
    Exchange is a yes too.
    1. The Treo is a moderatly decent cell phone. I've had maybe 15 different cell phones in my life, and I think they all sucked in one way or another. I can be driving in downtown Dallas and lose signal on my Treo. Maybe it's just my luck, I don't know. But the Treo is no worse than any of the other 15 phones I've had, and is better than a few. As far as volume goes, it is by far the worst cell phone I've ever held in my hands. But, there's a fix for that, so it's really a non-issue.

2. The Treo can do better than POP3 with the right software, but Versamail does a nice job with POP3 mail out of the box, for free.

3. The only way I think this will work for you reasonably is if there are WAP specific sites for trading. If there are not, then you will have to do as bgb11 recommends, and just try one out.

4. There are applications that do Exchange syncing w/ the Treo. I don't use them, but I think GetGood is one, and comes on the Treo. I'm not sure if there's a fee involved. Others here should be able to address this issue for you.

I have Cingular, and I'm very happy with it. You should know that in most cases, Cingular will make you get the PDANet plan with your Treo, and it's $40 a month. I've read plenty of posts that say you can talk them into letting you get the normal MediaNet Unlimited plan for $20 a month. I use my Treo as a BT modem, so I'm happy enough paying the $40 a month.

All in all, I love my Treo more every day. It's all about getting the right software to accomplish what YOU want to do.

Jonathan
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redflagdan
    2. Pickup mail from POP3

Dan
    Cingular has a trial period. Try it, worst case scenario is that you take it back before your trial ends.

I am happy with my cingular Treo 650, bought it first day available, still have the original, no sound issues, no reset issues.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"