1.    #1  
    im aware that some apps do things where it tells you the weather and the weeks forcast and how to get to certain places and where certain places are. do those apps only work if you are able to use the web? for ex if i got a treo 650 and didnt get a data plan or anything and just a regular calling plan, will i be able to use those or no? sorry for being so noob but i would just like to know
    I think Agendus does all that(well, Agendus 'Pro' maybe). How do you expect to get a weather forecast with out connecting to the net?
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
  3.    #3  
    i dunno haha cause im a noob. wow so internet connection is something really important with alot of these apps huh? i really wanna stay verizon but dont wanna pay the 45 a month for unlimited internet access. is there something else i can do?
    Well, your phone isn't going to instinctively know what the weather is like. It's going to have to look up that info somewhere. Internet isn't important to most apps, but with some apps it's CRITICAL. It just depends upon what apps we're talking about.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    For me, internet is really important coz I am on instant messanger all the time. Sometimes, I need to look up some address(using Diretory Assistant of coz), driving direction and stuffs. Very useful for me.
    Treo 90>>>Clie T615>>>ppc viewsonic V36>>>UX50+128MB+TH55>>>SE P900>>>Treo650+256mb+512mbSD>>>Cingular 8525+1gb>>>Current Palm Centro+2gb & AT&T Tilt+2gb
    Quote Originally Posted by mutantblack
    For me, internet is really important coz I am on instant messanger all the time. Sometimes, I need to look up some address(using Diretory Assistant of coz), driving direction and stuffs. Very useful for me.
    It's pretty important to me too. Maybe you could pick up a minimal data plan?
  7.    #7  
    i think the cheapest is the 24$ one where u get to access it but it takes it outs ur minutes. which might not be too bad if i dont use it often but knowing me i would use it alot. what other apps use the internet and what do they do? theres no way around it excet for the data plans am i correct?
    Well, if you think you'd use it a lot, opt for the unlimited data plan. Tell me the apps you're interested in, and I'll tell you whether or not they use the net.