1.    #1  
    Most of us here started with Treo 300, then 600 and 650, now waiting for 700P. Everytime $600-650.

An integrated device is great. Put the phone part aside, 650 is the best PDA and its BT can connect to a BT phone easily. And now we have BT/EVDO phones.

So, I'm thinking of a BT phone like the Samsung A900 (920, or 940). Then I can enjoy EVDO with my 650 (or any my other devices) and have all the cool TV and radio stuff on the phone.

A $200 upgrade instead of $600-650 for 700P, and no need to upgrade software (SnapperMail, XIINO, PDANet...), sounds very attractive to me this moment.

The only downside is one more device to carry. But Treo will then last much longer with radio off and the A900 is feather thin and light.
    I would like to see EVDO, larger & faster SD card access, more internal memory, and & a faster processor. All that would be worth another $400 to me. I have never spent more than that on an "upgrade."

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    An integrated device is great. Put the phone part aside, 650 is the best PDA and its BT can connect to a BT phone easily. And now we have BT/EVDO phones.
    So, I'm thinking of a BT phone like the Samsung A900 (920, or 940). Then I can enjoy EVDO with my 650 (or any my other devices) and have all the cool TV and radio stuff on the phone.
    A $200 upgrade instead of $600-650 for 700P, and no need to upgrade software (SnapperMail, XIINO, PDANet...), sounds very attractive to me this moment.

WoW!!! That's actually a pretty good idea but it goes back to having to spend a couple of extra $$$$.

Does anyone know if this kind of third party connection will work?
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by json

WoW!!! That's actually a pretty good idea but it goes back to having to spend a couple of extra $$$$.

Does anyone know if this kind of third party connection will work?
    Have the a900 and a 650 and its great to have on the weekends etc , fits in jean and shorts pockets , and you don't know its there , except if you have vibrate on which is maybe "good" alot easier to carry than the 650 and the screen is beautiful only thing"iffy" is the battery power because small thin size of the unit, battery is also small , so I think an extra battery is a must have ($25)
    http://www.telephoneteca.com/Tempus/todeschi%203a.jpg

I got tired of upgrading long ago
    I have to disagree that the Treo 650 is the best PDA. If I wanted to carry two devices, I'd have to consider one of Palms real PDAs (LifeDrive, Tungsten) or even my old Sony PDA, connected to a BT phone. The bigger screen alone is worth a lot, although giving up the keyboard would be a concern. But whether you use a Treo or something else as the PDA, you're still back to carrying two devices.

I got my first Treo (a 600) because I was tired of carrying two devices. Trying to juggle a PDA to look up an address book entry, then the phone to make the call, is a PITA. Using the Treo instead of two devices freed up my belt, and makes me look less a geek. (And if you sometimes want to leave the PDA behind, then you've got to maintain your contact list on two devices. More PITA.)

For me, it's the integration of both functions into one device that makes the Treo successful.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  7.    #7  
    I never liked PDA as an organizer. Once you have a phone, all contacts, tasks and schedules should go there. All current cell phones are decent organizers.

A PDA allows you to install and run programs. With a Treo, you can do email and web for real. I've been looking for a PDA that has 640x480 or bigger with a good keyboard and battery life like the Treo. Non exists. The Nexio has a 800x480 screen, but battery life is too short, keyboard is useless and no software to add. The 640x480 Dell and HP PPCs do not have a keyboard. So far Treo 650 is the only one.

What made the Treo so successful is the Palm OS, so you can add many good software. Blackberry, e.g., is a decent device on itself, but with the special OS, it will never reach majority consumers like what Treo has.