Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. fastoy's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
       #1  
    I've read many, many of the threads here about voice recording on the Treo 650 and have used several of the free apps, particularly soundrec. My quest remains to get the capabilities that I had on my Sony Clie NX60 of Voice Recorder 1.0 (attached). The GUI is much more complete than that of soundrec.

    I have unlocked it on my Clie and beamed it off. Then beamed it to the Treo 650 and installed it. When I run it, it just blinks the screen and goes away.

    Is it possible that I don't have a necessary library for this application? Will it just not run on the Treo 650?

    Any help will be appreciated.
    Last edited by fastoy; 03/24/2006 at 10:43 AM.
  2. #2  
    I installed Voice memo from tungsten T3 and works well with my Treo 650.
  3. #3  
    Can you post that for us?
  4. #4  
    VoicePad from LD

    Works great on my 650.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jamesgangut; 03/14/2006 at 02:31 PM.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  5. fastoy's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
       #5  
    Yesterday I recorded a meeting with both soundrec on my Treo 650 and with Voice Recorder on my Clie NX60. There was about a 4X difference in size with the soundrec recording being larger. I moved both files to my Windows desktop and looked at them with Sound Recorder. Both were set to 8 KHz but the soundrec file was 16 bits and the Voice Recorder file was 4 bits. Since I use the audio recording capability exclusively for voice, 4 bits is sufficient. However the difference in the size of resulting .wav makes moving them around much more difficult.

    Since I'm not making any progress on getting the Clie Voice Recorder application to run on the Treo 650, do any of the other audio recording programs for the Treo give me the ability to specify the quality of the recording to match the Clie's Voice Recorder?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by fastoy
    Yesterday I recorded a meeting with both soundrec on my Treo 650 and with Voice Recorder on my Clie NX60. There was about a 4X difference in size with the soundrec recording being larger. I moved both files to my Windows desktop and looked at them with Sound Recorder. Both were set to 8 KHz but the soundrec file was 16 bits and the Voice Recorder file was 4 bits. Since I use the audio recording capability exclusively for voice, 4 bits is sufficient. However the difference in the size of resulting .wav makes moving them around much more difficult.

    Since I'm not making any progress on getting the Clie Voice Recorder application to run on the Treo 650, do any of the other audio recording programs for the Treo give me the ability to specify the quality of the recording to match the Clie's Voice Recorder?
    Is there another file in your Clie label voice recorder en_us, or voice recorder anything? Make sure you get all the files with voice something.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

    Palm Pre (Sprint)
  7. fastoy's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    Is there another file in your Clie label voice recorder en_us, or voice recorder anything? Make sure you get all the files with voice something.
    Wow! That was close. There were 2 additional files on the Clie that began with "Voice Recorder..." so I went to transfer them to the Treo 650. I was lazy, so I just beamed them from the Clie to the Treo. Bad plan. The Treo immediately began rebooting over and over. A quick Google search turned up the technique of holding the Up button. This let me get to the phone screen but anytime I pressed Home, reboot. Finally, I added a Favorites button that would run Filez and deleted the problem file.

    I think I'll leave well enough alone.
  8. #8  
    what were the names of those two files? would you mind posting all three files? i will do a little testing for ya.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

    Palm Pre (Sprint)
  9. #9  
    You guys try callrec? Seems to work fine for me and the files don't seem to large either...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  10. #10  
    <apps>
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  11. fastoy's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
       #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    what were the names of those two files? would you mind posting all three files? i will do a little testing for ya.
    At your own risk!

    Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by fastoy; 03/24/2006 at 10:42 AM.
  12. #12  
    i been tryin to figure it out and i cant get it to work
    the voicedataconverter file is the one that send the Treo into a reset loop, the voicerecorder Savm does nothing (i dont think its needed)
    the voicerecorder prc gives me the icon on my Treo but thats it it wont launch. Sorry, i gave it a shot
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

    Palm Pre (Sprint)
  13. fastoy's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
       #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    i been tryin to figure it out and i cant get it to work
    the voicedataconverter file is the one that send the Treo into a reset loop, the voicerecorder Savm does nothing (i dont think its needed)
    the voicerecorder prc gives me the icon on my Treo but thats it it wont launch. Sorry, i gave it a shot
    Thanks for the effort. That's what I saw also.

    I'm using soundrec now. I think I'll try callrec as gfunkmagic recommended. One of the issues I've had with soundrec is that it doesn't run in the background. This means that when OneBridge fires up to pull my e-mail, the recording stops. callrec SAYS that it runs in the background. We'll see. I e-mailed the callrec support about 4-bit vs. 16-bit recording and they said they only did 16-bit. Not a huge deal as I have a 1GB SD card.

    Thanks again.

Posting Permissions