1.    #1  
    I read there is a big blinking light on the side that is really bright at night... have they changed that since all the reviews or is it still present? This would be really annoying, especially at night in the car...

MG
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    If its a problem for you, its amazing what a black magic marker can do for you!
    I covered the light on mine with a narrow piece of duct tape. The tape is the same silver color as the headset and blends in pretty well.
    Quote Originally Posted by usskaos1
    I covered the light on mine with a narrow piece of duct tape. The tape is the same silver color as the headset and blends in pretty well.
    Leave it to someone on this site to propose the universal remedy, Duct tape, to fix a highly sophisticated electronic device. Quick, call Jeff Foxworhty, I think we have another "You know you're a redneck when ...." moment! Only kidding, usskaos1. The simplicity of this suggestion is brilliant.
    Quote Originally Posted by SAKozicki
    Leave it to someone on this site to propose the universal remedy, Duct tape, to fix a highly sophisticated electronic device. Quick, call Jeff Foxworhty, I think we have another "You know you're a redneck when ...." moment! Only kidding, usskaos1. The simplicity of this suggestion is brilliant.
    LOL SAKozicki! Believe me, I was laughing at myself as I was applying the duct tape. I was surprised at how well it worked. As long as you cut the piece of tape neatly to match the shape of the headset, it blends in beautifully!
  6.    #6  
    Is the blinking light really that bad ??? LOL

Does the HBH660 have that as well or no?

mg
    Quote Originally Posted by jmgilliam
    Is the blinking light really that bad ??? LOL

Does the HBH660 have that as well or no?

mg
    Yes, IMHO the light on the HBH-300 is huge! The HBH-660 and HBH-662 do not have an LED. They have a small LCD window instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by usskaos1
    Yes, IMHO the light on the HBH-300 is huge! The HBH-660 and HBH-662 do not have an LED. They have a small LCD window instead.
    It doesn't bother me, because it is not that bright and doesn't stay on that long. I've had worse ones that are bright blue and constantly on. It is basically one really weak LED under one end of a one inch long transparent window. It flashes about every five seconds when the headset is paired and on, and it is probably less than .001 of a second. I don't think it bothers most people. I think USSKAOS1 owns Duck tape stock and wanted to find a new use. (again, only kidding)