Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Since this morning, Chatter (1.5.b/rc24/99:50:14a) goes into indefinite "wait" state while attempting access to my FastMail account. Chatter does continue to work with a different IMAP account with a different provider. I can access the FastMail account using IMAP with a dekstop client (Firefox), so I know that FastMail is not down.
    I was seeing the same thing. In a meeting all morning, and got the constant wait with fastmail (only account). Got to the office and loaded up Thuderbird and it accessed my email fine. So something's definitely going on.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxy
    Since this morning, Chatter (1.5.b/rc24/99:50:14a) goes into indefinite "wait" state while attempting access to my FastMail account. Chatter does continue to work with a different IMAP account with a different provider. I can access the FastMail account using IMAP with a dekstop client (Firefox), so I know that FastMail is not down.
    Maxy -

I am having the same problem - Chatter keeps looping b/w Connect/Login. Have you emailed fastmail support? If not I will do so as this must have to do with their IMAP/IDLE implementation.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I just submitted a request to fastmail support, and I identified this thread as well...
    I've had some reports as well. I find it hard to believe that it's a Chatter issue, but what versions are all of you running (besides the poster who has already reported...)

Marc
    Try "Edit Mailbox" and then "OK". I think they changed their IP address.

Marc
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter

Marc
    Voila! That fixed it! Many thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter

Marc
    That worked Marc..thanks.

I'm using 1.1.5b/rc24/99:50:-
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    that worked like a charm Marc...always to the rescue, many thanks
    Wow, I didn't even know I had a problem until I saw this thread. Sure enough, Fastmail wouldn't connect. Then I did the quick fix. Good job Marc.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    That seemed to work for a while, but now I keep seeing the SMTP Cnct and SMTP Hello message when trying to send. Seems to keep looping when trying to send. Also, infrequently I see the Connecting and Login msg repeating when trying to retrieve mail. Never had a single problem before today.
    It's nice to get a trouble report and a fix at the same time. Thanks!
    I'm having trouble editing the mail box...do ya do this via fastmail.fm or via Chatter's menu system?

Please help. I'm on Fastmail.fm now on the web and can't anything.
    In Chatter.

Marc
    sa-sweet! Thank you. I was in "summary" mode at first, which kind of confused me. I'm back on "Gmail IMAP" and found the menu edit mail box. Now I'm getting all my e-mails!

Marc, you da man!
    Sending via fastmail - mail.messagingengine.com still not working . Deleted SMTP profile and re-created it . Still no go.
    I had this problem this morning and figured it was just me since no one posted about it. I stumbled across Marc's fix prior to his posting and that resolved it for me as well.
    Without having read this thread, I went to "edit mailbox" and reentered my password.. I guess I accidentally fixed mine - dang I thought I was so smart.......sigh

Bek
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    Without having read this thread, I went to "edit mailbox" and reentered my password.. I guess I accidentally fixed mine - dang I thought I was so smart.......sigh

Bek
    There's a voice from the past.
    I am still having problem with sending (stuck at SMTP Cnct). Receiving is fine.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast