Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Why does a hard preference button not hold it's designated function and go back to the default.
    I want tasks on the 3rd button and it keep changing back to messages.
    Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by rockky
    Why does a hard preference button not hold it's designated function and go back to the default.
    I want tasks on the 3rd button and it keep changing back to messages.
    Any thoughts?
    Hi Rockky!

I have the same button pointed to tasks and it has not reverted to the default in the 15 months it has been set there. I suspect a software glitch -- or you have a 3rd party program that is interfering with the regular system programing in this regard.

Do you have a 3rd party software that allows you to program buttons?
    How often does this happen?
    Have you detected a pattern in the reversal? (What were you doing just prior?)

Cheers, Perry.

Edit: My button settings survive soft resets.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/14/2006 at 09:59 AM.
    I also have my mail button go back to default (wirelesssync) after all softresets. I have it programmed as versamail otherwise. Its weird because i have other buttons changed and this is the only one that reverts back after a softreset.
    Hmm...my buttons retain their settings after soft resets.....I regularly soft-reset just to keep the Treo running error free.....I have the mail button go to Versamail and the Alt-Mail goes to Verichat....I never have to reset them.....I also changed the calendar button to launch the daily to-do list so I can see my wallpaper.
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    For me it was Chattermail...I found in preferences it checked for CM to be set as the default....unchecking it did the trick.