1.    #1  
    While my Treo 650 BT is on and BT DUN is off, and someone next to me is doing their BT sync between their PC and their phone, my Treo suddenly display "bluetooth trying to make connection". When I click "cancel", it hangs for a while and then reboot itself. Anyone has experience this before? BTW, the Treo has never paired with any of their devices.
  2. tmt
    Have you turned off "discoverable" in your BT settings? You only need to enable it when pairing certain devices, the rest of the time it just causes problems. If it makes you feel any better, I've seen the same bug, and many more. Palm's BT is pretty unstable, IMO.
    Do you have a device of yours that you have paired with?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by wareynolds
    Do you have a device of yours that you have paired with?
    Yes, but not turned-on and not within the vincinity to trigger the connection.

I only use the BT for DUN from a notebook PC, and I have to turn on DUN to avoid BT time-out anyway. That means that every time I need to do a DUN, I need to grab the phone and turn on DUN manually. Then I might just as well turn off BT completely and manually turn on both BT and BT DUN when I need to do a DUN. So this bug is not a concern to me, but I think it will be a concern for those who use BT headset.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by tmt
    Have you turned off "discoverable" in your BT settings? You only need to enable it when pairing certain devices, the rest of the time it just causes problems. If it makes you feel any better, I've seen the same bug, and many more. Palm's BT is pretty unstable, IMO.
    Yes, I have not turn off discoverable. That could be the problem. But for other BT phones that I used, that never created a problem whether discoverable is on or off. It is just a matter of security.
    You can't use the phone for Bluetooth connections (ie: Blazer) and have DUN turned on at the same time, so generally you would have to turn DUN on or off regardless, unless you never use Bluetooth for accessing the internet directly from the phone.

Just wanted to mention it, not really that relevant to your crashing issue. Although here at work sometimes I'll send a bluetooth file to another device and I'll immediately get a "device is connecting to you" type of message, so maybe some devices just do this. Not sure why your phone would be interacted with since it wasn't part of the pairing between another phone and PC, however.