Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mobitv
    Content: Stay tuned. Premium channels (which will be available in the Windows Mobile client and the next Palm client) open up the landscape for acquiring content like you wouldn't believe. Thanks again to all you early adopters and for those new to MobiTV, despite not having the HBOs of the world (yet), there's some great content on there already which definitely works for the snack-size mobile viewing appetite.

Cheers --
    Hmmmm...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  2.    #22  
    woww..the mobitv dude responded to my thread =D
    Running an Unlocked Cingular Palm Treo 650 with an AT&T Sim
    *1GB SanDisk SD Card

Well, Call me Ishmael!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I just found a new cool Anime channel!
    I am really interested to see what the performace of the streaming vids is on 1xEvDo. Plus with the rumored release of PalmOS ORB client soon (via Kinoma client), there will finally be a few streaming video options available for the treo..

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta
    They had FoxNews?
    The only reason I have not gotten it is because it doesnt have fox
    Ymeagle

Treo 700p Sprint Favorite apps in order: phone, navigator (tomtomGPS) , NV Backup, Docstogo, Versa, keycaps, minitones, PdaNet, Butler, palmPDF, volcare, AOL im, DA, BOLD MEANS FREE
    Anyone tried it lately and have any input on the channel selections? Has anything changed?
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX View Post
    Anyone tried it lately and have any input on the channel selections? Has anything changed?
    Hasn't changed much. I had it on my 650, and then I was expecting it to be better on the 700p, but it's not. It *connects* faster, but the quality is not any better.

They have put some new channels on lately, notably the Anime channel and I thikn CSPAN and CSPAN2 which is awesome because I'm a political junkie.

I just think that with EVDO speed/throughput now available, the quality of both the video and the audio should be better.

That said, I still watch it.

RMT.

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    I've had MobiTv for about 2 weeks now, and I think the sound and video quality are pretty impressive. I'm running a verizon 700P in a very good EVDO area, so my experiance is a pretty positive one.

In regards to content, I like MSNBC, Discovery, TLC, CNET (although, they don't update too often), NBC Mobile and Espn tv. Everything else is junk. They really need to update this list, cause the novelty wears off quickly. They have History Channel Mobile on their laptop version, and that would be pretty sweet.

Also would love basic channels, CBS, NBC, FOX, ABC as well as Spike (For the Ultimate Fighter). Then I'd happily fork over my $10 a month. If they don't get more content soon, I'm going to cancel as well.
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I noticed tonight that Mobitv added ING Mobile, Vegas Sports & Scoreline and a Horror Classics channel.
    The Horror channel was cool while it lasted.
    They had FoxNews?
    Hahahaha...
    They need the histroy channel. Ah they **** em off. They need to add the basic channels that u get with cable. It needs to be more like that not just add random stupid crap. ah I want to use it but they won't win me over until they at least have the history channel or mtv.
    Google is my Best Friend

The Building of the Biggest Software Site EVER!

http://www.treoquestions.org/questions/downloads.php
    Sprint users, take a look at Sprint TV. I was surprised to find that they added some new free channels under the "Power View" tab (from when I last checked in June). I liked the 5-minute NFL week in review, and would also like the regular Sports news if it was updated more often.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    The content on both Mobi and Sprint are both not enough to have me pay dime one on a monthly basis IMHO.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12