Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The Palm IR Keboard seems to be designed to slide a palm in in landscape mode.

leaning a Treo (600 in my case) upright seems particularly unstable and if you move around even a little it can fall over.

Anyone come up with any good ideas better than a strategicly placed rubber band to hold it in position?

Cheers

Was
    .no sig.
  2.    #2  
    Should add that in this case the instability is physical rather than software being unstabe so that's a nice change!
    .no sig.
    I'm sure there's software available to rotate the screen through 90 degrees. Try a search.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate
    I'm sure there's software available to rotate the screen through 90 degrees. Try a search.
    There's not.

The closest is Rotation 1.2.3: http://www.mobile-stream.com/landscape_info.html

But when I tested it, it just kept resetting my Treo. Others have tried it with little luck too.

A bunch of us would like this, but as far as I know, there's no stable solution to rotating the screen.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    I always take my treo out of its case for use with this keyboard. Sucks, but it works. I'm still waiting on the screen rotation app, too!
  6.    #6  
    Any DIY Fixes for making a stable physical platform
    (Would need to be small and pocketable)

I thought about enlarging the cutout that the IR Wand sits in when upright so that the cutout would match the profile of the back of the Treo

Another idea is some sort of extra "bits" cut out of foam or plastic to provide additional support for the bottom inch of the treo so that it won't fall over.

Perhaps carrying a small rubber band is the best afterall..
    .no sig.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by santa
    There's not.

The closest is Rotation 1.2.3: http://www.mobile-stream.com/landscape_info.html

But when I tested it, it just kept resetting my Treo. Others have tried it with little luck too.

A bunch of us would like this, but as far as I know, there's no stable solution to rotating the screen.

Just got an updated beta of Rotation. It actually seems to work with my 650 running 1.20! Every app works rotated except Blazer and mobileClock. Most importantly, the three apps I really want to use with the IR keyboard: Goodlink, Docs to Go, and Bonsai all work rotated.

I traveled w/o my IR keyboard this week. I'll give it a good run through this weekend and give an update.

There's hope!!!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by santa

Just got an updated beta of Rotation. It actually seems to work with my 650 running 1.20! Every app works rotated except Blazer and mobileClock. Most importantly, the three apps I really want to use with the IR keyboard: Goodlink, Docs to Go, and Bonsai all work rotated.

I traveled w/o my IR keyboard this week. I'll give it a good run through this weekend and give an update.

There's hope!!!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif
    Just wondering...
    Is this an open beta you got? Is it available for download to try for my 650?
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    The developers sent it to me. I've been bugging them for months to develop a Treo version of their product. Got a few earlier betas that weren't worth anyone else trying.

This one might be. I'll ask them if I can either

a) post the file, or

b) refer others to them
    That would be GREAT! I registered this program in hopes it would work with my 650, and I can't even get an email response from Mobile-stream.

Any chance of sharing the email address of who you talked to?
    off topic santa sorry, but how do you like Bonsai? Ive looked at it but not played with it much.

Is it like a list/goals software?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bnocturnal
    That would be GREAT! I registered this program in hopes it would work with my 650, and I can't even get an email response from Mobile-stream.

Any chance of sharing the email address of who you talked to?
    I've just been talking to their support email address. I asked them about passing around the software, and they asked me not to. Said they've got enough beta testers now.

It's looking pretty good, so hopefully they'll open it up soon!
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23
    off topic santa sorry, but how do you like Bonsai? Ive looked at it but not played with it much.

Is it like a list/goals software?
    I like Bonsai a lot. I use it for all my lists... meeting minutes... just about anything I don't use Word for.

And it syncs great with my PC. I use all the time on both the PC and the Treo. There are some other big fans on TreoCentral.
  14.    #14  
    >>>Just got an updated beta of Rotation.

Ahhhh don't tempt us like that....any update on availability and stability?
    .no sig.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wasinaus
    >>>Just got an updated beta of Rotation.

Ahhhh don't tempt us like that....any update on availability and stability?
    Don't have a word on availability, but do on stability.

Got another beta this weekend and they fixed the problem with mobileclock and blazer. Haven't tested any games (that doesn't seem to make sense), but have tested every other app I've got and they all seem to work rotated. I left it rotated all day yesterday and didn't have any problems.

For those still curious why we want this:

I attached a pic. On its side, nice and stable, and headphone jack accessible!

Also took a close up of the screen... app and menus rotated:

I'll ask them when this might be made available. Don't try the version they've got on their web site. It won't work on a Treo.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Anyone with Sprint had any luck getting the Universal Wireless Keyboard to function properly yet? I know we talked about this last fall, but I have not heard any updates in quite some time. I tried mine about a month ago with the latest firmware and still no go. It was still non-responsive unless I kept a key down.
    I've been testing the version for CDMA and it works very well. The only programs that don't work using rotation1.2.3 are the camera, camcorder, and TCPMP. According to mobile-stream this is normal. The first two use DMA for streaming data from the camera to the display. And TCPMP should not be a problem because it supports rotation by itself. They said they are going to release this version tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roper
    I've been testing the version for CDMA and it works very well. The only programs that don't work using rotation1.2.3 are the camera, camcorder, and TCPMP. According to mobile-stream this is normal. The first two use DMA for streaming data from the camera to the display. And TCPMP should not be a problem because it supports rotation by itself. They said they are going to release this version tomorrow.
    so, your Universal Wireless Keyboard is working just fine with your Sprint Treo?
    I've got the Palm Universal Wireless Keyboard and it seems to work OK. I'm still learning all the shortcut key strokes. One thing I did notice is sometimes I get spurious triggers (i.e. it acts like I pushed keys when I didn't), but it just may be a low battery in the keyboard. I'll try some fresh batteries tomorrow. I don't think it has anything to do with rotation1.2.3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roper
    I've got the Palm Universal Wireless Keyboard and it seems to work OK. I'm still learning all the shortcut key strokes. One thing I did notice is sometimes I get spurious triggers (i.e. it acts like I pushed keys when I didn't), but it just may be a low battery in the keyboard. I'll try some fresh batteries tomorrow. I don't think it has anything to do with rotation1.2.3.
    Your are describing the problem that many here have described before. Things will be going fine and then all of a sudden the keyboard seems to be possessed. I showed this to a Palm engineer back in October while at a conference in Denver. He acknowledged there was problem but all he said was that he would turn it in. I have not heard back from him. And, as luck would have it, I misplaced his card. The keyboard worked great on not Sprint phones. We could only get it to act up on Sprint phones.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast