Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    The new version's out on their web site:

http://www.mobile-stream.com/landscape_info.html

Rotation 1.2.4 is what you want.

Seems to work just fine!
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    Anyone with Sprint had any luck getting the Universal Wireless Keyboard to function properly yet? I know we talked about this last fall, but I have not heard any updates in quite some time. I tried mine about a month ago with the latest firmware and still no go. It was still non-responsive unless I kept a key down.
    Now that I'm trying to use my keyboard again, I'm seeing some of this behaivor on my GSM/1.20 phone. I'm afraid instead of fixing the CMDA/sprint problem, maybe they migrated the problem to GSM.

I'll play with it a bit more, but am pretty bummed.

Is there an IR keyboard that doesn't have this problem? I'm going to be very upset if I've finally gotten the rotation solution and now can't use it because the keyboard has gone wacky.
    Quote Originally Posted by santa
    The new version's out on their web site:

http://www.mobile-stream.com/landscape_info.html

Rotation 1.2.4 is what you want.

Seems to work just fine!
    I downloaded the trial version for my Sprint 650. Installed the 2 files.
    Went to preferences...saw Rotation. Clicked on it and get error message.
    Am I missing something?

I have the Universal Wireless Keyboard from Palm. It does NOT work on the Sprint Treo 650. I think Palm needs to re-write or upgrade the 1.08 driver.

In the meantime, I bought a Stowaway Bluetooth keyboard which works fine with the Sprint Treo 650.
    This Rotation program is great! But what is a good, non-obtrusive hotkey to use, to trigger it? I can't get any alt/opt key combinations to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by onree
    This Rotation program is great! But what is a good, non-obtrusive hotkey to use, to trigger it? I can't get any alt/opt key combinations to work.

I'm trying it out and whatever key I assign to the launch the program it overtakes my menu key. So whatever key I assign will launch plus the menu key launches it, not good
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoDave
    I downloaded the trial version for my Sprint 650. Installed the 2 files.
    Went to preferences...saw Rotation. Clicked on it and get error message.
    Am I missing something?
    I didn't get this? What error message are you seeing?

You should see a rotation perferences screen when you choose Rotation from the treo preferences screen.

I guess I'd send a note to their support.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onree
    I set it to opt-email, and it seems to work fine. all other buttons work like they did before.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twocrifasis
    I'm trying it out and whatever key I assign to the launch the program it overtakes my menu key. So whatever key I assign will launch plus the menu key launches it, not good
    I did have a problem with setting it to opt-return. Both return and opt-return would rotate. I never had other keys do trigger it.

I'll send a link to this thread to their support so they can monitor it.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    One other thing, I'll mention to those trying this. If you've installed a previous version, you need to make sure it's really uninstalled. In the end, I needed to do a warm reset to get both files deleted. Then the install of the new version went in just fine.
    One other thing, I'll mention to those trying this. If you've installed a previous version, you need to make sure it's really uninstalled. In the end, I needed to do a warm reset to get both files deleted. Then the install of the new version went in just fine.
    Thanks for the update, mine was a totally clean install. And I am still getting the issue. It first took over my menu button when I had the right shift selected and then it took over the middle button of the 5-way nav buttons when I had the side button selected.

I didn't realize you could use opt+(a button) to hotkey it. Maybe I'll try that. That is to trigger the rotation and not just to get to the program correct?

Thanks for the help, if the bugs get worked out I will definitely register the program.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I didn't realize you could use opt+(a button) to hotkey it. Maybe I'll try that. That is to trigger the rotation and not just to get to the program correct?
    Yes, this is my rotation trigger.

You get there by going to Treo preferences, choosing "rotation", then while on the rotation preferences screen menu option "trigger settings...". Then chosing trigger button using the define key. The trick here is not to use the 5-way nav key to hit the OK button after you press your trigger key. You need to press the OK button with the stylus after pressing your trigger key.

You get there by going to Treo preferences, choosing "rotation", then while on the rotation preferences screen menu option "trigger settings...". Then chosing trigger button using the define key. The trick here is not to use the 5-way nav key to hit the OK button after you press your trigger key. You need to press the OK button with the stylus after pressing your trigger key.

So I played around with the thing and I think that the OPT and ALT keys are not really recognized. In other words, every time I map anything to OPT+<any key>, then just that <any key> will trigger the rotation.

I also had that weird problem where it took over the Menu button -- that drove me nuts trying to get rid of it until I remembered that you can tap at the top of the screen. I also accidentally had it take over my home key at one point.

Anyway, it does seem to recognize SHIFT. So far, the two best solutions I've found are Shift+Space, or mapping it to the side button.
    Have you had any problems with resets? It seems like my Treo is crashing and reseting much more than it was in the past.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Have you had any problems with resets? It seems like my Treo is crashing and reseting much more than it was in the past.
    No. Not one reset since I installed this last version on Friday night.
  16.    #36  
    Whoot!
    .no sig.
    The Palm Universal Keyboard does not work with the latest Verizon ROM (1.04A.) The driver crashes on opening.
    Palm has released a software update that is designed to resolve an issue with the transmittal of unpacketized data over the IR port on Treo 650 devices. Once installed, applications and accessories using unpacketized data, such as the Palm Universal Wireless Keyboard, will function correctly.

I haven't been getting any of the spurious triggers (i.e. it acts like I pushed keys when I didn't) I used to get. This combined with Rotation 1.2.4 will make it very convenient to use word processing apps like Docs To Go.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    This is cool! Once again, I'm travelling w/o my keyboard so I can't test it yet. Do we really, finally have a solution?!?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12