Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    just curious what you all think - I own a 650 but would like to see if there are any other devices whether palm or WM that equal the treo.

Cheers.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    In my opinon, No. For ease of operation (one handed use), compatible with current software I have, the multitude of tasks I can perform, form factor.

Is there room for improvement, of course.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    hello, i tried all thrends, but non that help me, i have a problem with my 650 versamail i can't seem to get it to work can anyone help me in details pls....thank u
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    there seem to be a lot of "announcements", but few real contenders (don't know of one).

I'll duck out of the way now....
    Quote Originally Posted by kingdavid73
    hello, i tried all thrends, but non that help me, i have a problem with my 650 versamail i can't seem to get it to work can anyone help me in details pls....thank u
    Pay Attention!!!

Post in the right forum - TreoCentral has different forums to discuss various specific aspects of the Treo. For example, if you just got your new Treo, and are having trouble with VersaMail do not post in the Treo 650 forum, but in the Communication forum. The Treo 650, Treo 600, etc forums are for hardware questions and issues, not application questions.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Breathe, breathe......
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Breathe, breathe......
    Do not tell me of breathe. Fooll!

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    and since the 650 (and 600 before) were the only PDA/phone/smartphone device i've used, I'd have to say the Treo is the best. So far...

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    and since the 650 (and 600 before) were the only PDA/phone/smartphone device i've used, I'd have to say the Treo is the best. So far...

But how do make pdanet work, I searched and did not like the answer I saw so thought I would ask here.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    But how do make pdanet work, I searched and did not like the answer I saw so thought I would ask here.
    I know. It's bad enough that we get the official gazillionth "What's the best smartphone out there?" thread, but then to get it hijacked with a Versamail question.....

I'm back!
    Do not tell me of breathe. Fooll!
    **** you, Insertion!

I tell you of breathe because you not search of breathe before post of rolly head hitting bricks, fooll!!!one1!
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    just curious what you all think - I own a 650 but would like to see if there are any other devices whether palm or WM that equal the treo.

Cheers.
    No.....the Treo 650 won Editor's choice awarsd from dozens of magazines and no other model has been able to garner anything close to the consensus that the 650 did....it's the iPod of convergence devcies.
    The 600 is way better that the 650 (better resolution, bluetooth and dust under the screen notwithstanding). My 600 rocks.. and is doing fine, by the way.
    Let me just answer your question with this.....my 8125 is now available on Ebay.
    I loved the 600 - I just wish the battery were removable. Now with the 650, it's a very good machine though it's a bit picky with the software I had on the 600. Notwithstand that, my 650 goes from 5:30-6A until the mid evening hours with a couple of charges during that period and lots of HanDBase and email use. I use my Nextel i605 as my primary phone, though I hate its keypad and address book - Treo rocks there.
    Ben
    Like has been said before....many announcements.....Sony Ericsson (P910a), Motorola (Q), etc.....but few if any available. The new BlackBerry 8700c is interesting....but low on available software, no camera, no touch screen, not nearly as flexible as the Treo and very $$$$. If Palm could just make the Treo a bit more rugged and clear out the few remaining software gremlins, there would be absolutely no competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    The 600 is way better that the 650 (better resolution, bluetooth and dust under the screen notwithstanding). My 600 rocks.. and is doing fine, by the way.
    Huh ? The 600's 160 x160 is better than thre 650's 320 x 320 ?
    Huh ? The 600 doesn't have BT

I agree with the trade press on this one (both quotes from PC mag's Sascha Segan) that the 700w is the best WM5 device out there but that it doesn't measure up to the 650 in overall impact when it was released. The 700w is a great unit but marginally better than most other WM5 devices.....the 600 and the 650 stood alone.:

"The Treo 650 is the best PDA/phone on the market today, in terms of balancing handheld computer and phone functions. It sits perfectly on the fulcrum between heavy, superpowerful PDA/phones like the Audiovox XV-6600 and smartphones like the Audiovox SMT-5600."

The 600 was the best in it's day, the 650 topped it and nothing to my mind has topped it yet. PC mag gave the 650 4.5 stars to the 700w's 3.0 and most mags including Forbes and Business Week echoed the tune. Not that I would drop a 600 to get a 650...just as I won't drop the 650 to get a 700....too incremental and upgrade for my money.

"The new Treo looks exactly like its Editors' Choice predecessor, the much-beloved Treo 650. It's exactly the same size (2.3 by 4.4 by 0.9 inches) and just a touch heavier, at 6.4 ounces to the Treo 650's 6.3 ounces. You'll find an SD card slot on the top, volume buttons on the side, and a keyboard with very small QWERTY keys.

A few physical differences are apparent. Most notably, the super-bright 320-by-320 screen has been replaced by a slightly dimmer 240-by-240 model. That's a big step backwards. The 650's quick-access calendar and e-mail buttons are gone. (Plenty of Pocket PCs have calendar buttons, so this isn't a Windows Mobile issue.) The QWERTY keys are square, making them slightly more susceptible to mistyping than the 650's oval keys. And the center button on the five-way rocker is a bit stiff. "
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Huh ? The 600's 160 x160 is better than thre 650's 320 x 320 ?
    Huh ? The 600 doesn't have BT
    He said the 600 is better, (better resolution, bluetooth and dust under the screen notwithstanding)

Yeah, I guess I could have worded that better. But the chutzpah of some people to question the superiority of the 600 always gets me a little vaclempt.
    No any handhelds - phone, smartphone, PDA, pocket computer..., is close to Treo 650. Period.

This is designed by a genius.

Battery life - anything else comes even close?
    Keyboard - the only thing might be close is the iPaq 4550 but not nearly thoughtfully put. Sticky shift and opt keys, smart number keys, love'em.
    One hand - anything else can do full one hand operation?
    Screen - anything else is nearly bright and detailed?
    Bluetooth - DUN and reverse. Anything else can do both?
    ChartterMail - anything else can have this greatest emailer?
    Xiino - anything else can have this greatest browser?
    Multiple language - only PPC and Palm devices can have all language support. How's that Balckberry, all Nokia and Sony Erricon craps on this regard?
    Software - endless choices.

That 700W is a crap - no good emailer, cannot take Sprint's EVDO pricing advantage. VZW (and all other carries) unlimited data prices suck.

The 700P cannot go much better than the already perfect 650, but it'll have EVDO. Therefore I'm seriously considering a EVDO phone for my 650 and other devices.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast