1.    #1  
    Hello,
    Just interested how the beta testing is going.

I have a copy of v60a-pc preview and before I install I was hoping to get some reactions from other 650 users as far as stability or T650 specific issues.

Also does anyone know how close we are to an official release date??
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Works great for me so far...no issues to speak of.

As far as a release date, CESD is damn thorough, so expect him to work out any minor kinks before a final release.
    Same here -- absolutely no problems, really like version 6...been using this software since it was Datebk3 on my Palm III. Always a stable program...

The Today screen in this latest version is a nice touch.
    Another me too. DB6 works great on my Treo 650.

The feature to dial a number stored in an appointment is very handy.
    Last edited by jamesgangut; 03/13/2006 at 04:23 PM.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by dwman
    Works great for me so far...no issues to speak of.

As far as a release date, CESD is damn thorough, so expect him to work out any minor kinks before a final release.
    http://img256.echo.cx/img256/1869/ditto8pi.gif
    Mahhhhhvelous! And the kicker? Sucka's billed as a beta, but it seems to be among the most consistently stable apps to hit my 650. Go figure. Nothing but joy since preview a (now at c).
    Perfect. Wonderful. I dumped Agendus for DateBk 6 beta.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks everyone for the encouraging words. I just installed the preview and its Great!

The today view is a huge improvement over the palm today view. The gradient colors are really cool.

Thanks for pointing out the dial feature. I was previously using FieldPlus to do this.

Would Anyone know a way to change the default red that highlights the day of the week?
    If you like to keep track of past tasks/events ... be sure to check out the auto-logging feature. It will dump the completed task/event into the Daily Journal, WITH the precise time of checkoff, PLUS the originally scheduled date will be included.

You can also use freebie Shortcut5 to add a category to the description, within curly brackets or the like. That, in turn, allows you to exploit the power of the Freebie (Win) desktop "Journaler", available from the home site. Journaler rifles thru your datebook dba file on the desktop, and pulls only the daily Journal entries. It then creates a csv file, which can be imported into your preferred spreadsheet. The info you place within the curly brackets will appear as a category within that spreadsheet.

The following = a monthly repeating task. The part in blue was added directly to the DJ, just after checkoff.

Example: Daily Journal item for March 14, 2006
    12:03 pm: [X] Due 16: AmEx ~ via phone, confirm # 12345678 {Finance} (March 17, 2006)

Example: within a spreadsheet
    Category.... Date ........................ Time ......... Description
    Finance ..... March 14, 2006..... 12:03 pm.... [X] Due 16: AmEx ~ via phone, confirm # 12345678 (March 17, 2006)

Because this info is tossed into the DJ, you can easily add further info, such as a confirmation # for payments made over the phone. THIS was the type of action I longed for using DayNotez, but the time always reflects the time of import. Since dateBk6 notes the precise minute of completion, it makes for a perfect basis for billable hours, as well as bill paying, etc.

And it's stable, withOUT employing RLock or ay of the other Treo 650 tricks!